7.

With just one month left until the wedding and Adhira's finals starting in four days, Saanvika took the initiative to take her shopping today, accompanied by Mukti.

Saanvika, being her persuasive self, had not only invited but practically ordered Vikram to join them. However, as expected, Vikram being Vikram, politely declined the offer.

He was never a fan of shopping, never enjoyed the endless wandering in malls, going from one shop to another, sifting through countless items when all you really need is just one.

Saanvika wasn't about to let Vikram off the hook that easily. She knew her son better than anyone else, and she could tell he was just making excuses, as he despised going on shopping. So, she kept bombarding him with messages, urging him to leave the office right away and join them.

Adhira entered the boutique, with Mukti by her side and Saanvika leading the way, they were warmly welcomed by a staff member who guided them into the shop.

"Adhira beta, why don't you check the fitting of your lehenga first. Then we'll go ahead with the shopping".

Adhira wasted no time and immediately tried on her wedding lehengas, ensuring a perfect fit without any last-minute troubles.

Saanvika held the phone to her ear, eagerly waiting for the person on the other end to pick up the call.

"Where are you?" she commanded as soon as the call was answered.

"In the office, where else? I told you in the morning itself that I have a meeting to attend, Choti Maa," came the response.

Shaking her head at her stubborn son, she replied, "Golu, stop lying. I know you don't have any meeting. I need you here in 20 minutes, that's it."

A mischievous smile tugged at Vikram's lips as he suppressed a giggle, his foot pressing the brake pedal at the red light. "What will I do there among you ladies?"

"Do whatever you want. I won't mind even if you stare at your lady the whole time, just like the engagement day" Saanvika teased.

A blush crept up Vikram's cheeks as the image of Adhira in his mother's saree flashed in his mind for the 10725th time.

"I wasn't staring, it's called adoring," he defended himself.

"As you say Mr. Now, keep the phone and drive safely," Saanvika said with a smile before ending the call.

Vikram glanced at the screen, wondering how she always seemed to know. He had even been wearing noise-canceling AirPods, so there was no way she could have heard any honking or background noise.

But that's just how mothers are, isn't it? They have this uncanny ability to know everything about their children.

She had always been the one who understood him, every little thing - his desires, his expressions, his pain, his joy, his hard work, his victories, his setbacks. She knew it all. After all, she is a mother to him.

Smiling to himself, he stepped out of the car as he reached his destination, "the all in one" showroom. Just as he parked the car on side and headed towards the entrance, he heard his phone ringing.

Taking out his phone from his formal pants, he accepted the call, it was from Mr. Khurana, one of his clients.

"Hello Mr. Khurana, how may I help you?" Said Vikram in his formal work tone.

As he passed through various sections of clothes, having varities of choices for different age groups. He continued to talk on phone, his eyes simultaneously searching for his Choti Maa and his soon to be wife.