27.

The dawn chorus of melodic birdsong drifted in as the sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky, the clock striking 6:30 AM.

Adhira shifted in her sleep when she felt a pair of arms pulling her closer. Peeling her eyes open, adjusting to the minimal light filtering through the curtains, she peeked over her shoulder to find him nestling into her neck.

She tried to extricate herself from his grip, gently attempting to loosen his hold around her waist. He was heavy and all over her.

Just as she was about to slip away, she found herself pressed against his chest.

"Go back to sleep." Vikram's low groan rumbled beneath her as he carefully returned her head to his chest.

"I need to freshen up and head downstairs." She said, attempting to sit up again. This time, he let her, heaving a resigned sigh.

"Pati aapka yahan hai, what will you do downstairs?" He murmured, rolling onto his stomach, his tone complaining.

"I need to prepare something for Veer otherwise, he will go to school on an empty stomach again." She said, hastily tying her hair into a messy bun.

"And you're going to drop him off, so
wake up." She added, getting out of bed.

Vikram lazily raised his head off the pillow to face her, struggling to keep his eyes open. "Why me? He goes on his own."

"Since it's drizzling and there's a chance of heavy rain, it's not safe for him to ride a two-wheeler." Adhira expressed her concern while selecting her outfit for the day from the wardrobe.

"Got it, Madam." He replied, sitting up on the bed and stretching his arms.

Quickly freshening up and sticking to her usual routine, she slipped into a lemon green suit.

As she exited the bathroom, she found Vikram tidying up the bed. He looked adorable as he adjusted the comforter properly at the end of the bed, just like she did.

Walking over to the dressing table, she began her daily makeup routine, aware of his gaze on her the whole time.

"Oye, be ready by 7 in the evening; I'll pick you up for shopping." He said, taking steps towards her and leaning against the dressing table, hands in his pockets.

"Shopping for what?" Adhira asked,
feeling clueless.

"For our honeymoon. Or are you planning to wear suits there as well?" He teased, watching the change in her expression.

"Honeymoon?" Her hands stopped as she stammered, feeling flushed.

"Yes, honeymoon. It'll be our first 'alone' trip after marriage, so isn't that what all couples call it?"

He said, lifting her face up by placing his index finger beneath her chin and taking the small red bindi she was holding before applying it to her forehead.

"I... I..." Adhira stammered as she pulled back, her gaze wandering over the items on the dressing table in front of her.

"Feeling nervous already, haan?" Vikram smirked, his gaze drawn to the mark on
her neck from the night before.

"Nervous? Me? Not at all." She tried to sound confident as she dabbed her lips
with a rosy pink tint.

"We'll see, little wife." He murmured into her ear, playfully teasing the tender skin of her neck with his fingers as he swiped her hair to one side.

Adhira sucked in a breath as he leaned in, inhaling her natural scent. Her hands gripped the fabric of her kurti as he pressed a lingering kiss on the hickey.