Chapter V

𝙳𝚛. 𝙲𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗

 𝙲𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗

Nillia pov:

Today was the first day of school were I successfully avoided any sort of contact with Alice Cullen. I now, was just chatting with Bella next to her truck before we both were to make our way home. Her voice slowly trailed off once she noticed my eyes being focused on everything but her.

"BELLA CAREFUL" She immediately ducked when I placed myself in front of her figure, protecting her under the knowledge that everyone could see. The black van that was about to crash us, was stopped by my very own bare hands.

Or so I thought.

Bella and I shared a look of shock before the two of us glanced into the golden eyes in front of us that belonged to no one other than Edward Cullen.

In an instant, a ton of students from all over the parking lot came running to us, asking if we were okay. "Bella, I'm so sorry, I panicked" Tyler who was driving the van, had blood running down his forehead himself as he looked at her in guilt. I gulped, holding myself from running at him and sucking every drop of it.

Due to everyone focusing on Bella and what had just happened, I had the chance to slip from everyone's sight and get away from the scenario. Looking back, a few of the kids were already on to call an ambulance. I picked up my pace, hoping they won't notice my absence.

-

I was feeling better after I went hunting for a bit and prepared myself real good for my little trip into the hospital. Still, I had to be careful but it's for my best friend after all.

"Bells how are you?" I truly was worried about her as I stood next to her even more worried father. "I'm fine" She mumbled.

"How are you? You were just gon-" The brunette asked back, but was thankfully cut off by the doors swinging open.

"I heard the chief's daughter was here" A strong voice echoed through my ears as I turned my head to catch sight of whoever it came from. Another pale looking man strolled towards us, smiling briefly at the chief. "Dr. Cullen" Charlie sighed out in relief, putting his hand to his forehead while I processed what he had called the man. That's the Cullen dad?

He pushed past Charlie and grabbed his notepad. "Well, Bella, looks like you took quite a spill, how do you feel?" The revealed blonde vampire questioned. "Good" She claimed, looking in the little light that he pulled out.

"You might experience some post-traumatic stress or disorientation, but your vitals look good" He paused, "No signs of any head trauma" Then he shot her a quick smile. "I think you'll be just fine"

"What about her" The girl pointed her finger in my direction as to what I reacted in gulping anxiously.

That's when Dr. Cullen acknowledged me for the first time ever. His eyes darted to mine and a smile played on his lips. "You got hit too?" He joked, bringing his hand up to feel my head.

"Uh no, I'm fine" I took ahold of his hand and quickly pulled it away from my head. The man glared down at my own pale hands, slight confusion resting on his face before taking them in his own. "Are you sure you're okay? Your hands are as cold as-"

"Death?" I concluded his sentence, hearing it a few times too often. "Yes, it's always been like that, I was born in a cold country" I laughed it off, freeing my hands from his grasp. The blonde opened his mouth to respond, but Bella saw that I was getting uncomfortable, cutting him off before he had the chance to say something.

"You know, it would've been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there. He knocked me out of the way" I mouthed a 'thank you' to her and she smiled.

"Edward, your boy?" Charlie asked the Cullen. "Yeah it was amazing. I mean he got to me so fast, he was nowhere near me" She went on, realizing how weird that sounded now that she said it.

"Sounds like you were very lucky" I smirked at the man trying to protect their secret. He nodded at Charlie, saying his name as a way to say goodbye and left the room, soon after, followed by us.

"I gotta go sign some paperwork, you should probably call your mom" The chief glanced at his daughter and then at me. "You too" I cracked a smile. "I'm actually gonna head back home now, see you tomorrow?" Bella nodded and I waved before leaving the girl in the hospital with her father

I was walking towards my truck, not paying any attention to what was around me when fate decided against my decision of ignorance, making me bump into someone. "I'm so sorr-" I cut my own sentence off when I saw who was standing before my very eyes.

"You" I spoke once I had the courage to look into her beautiful golden orbs. "Yes, me" Alice said, sounding somewhat between sorry and ashamed.

"Look, I'm not here to annoy you any further, but I saw what happened earlier and how you suddenly disappeared" I rolled my eyes, but in reality I feared for my identity to an great extent.

"How are you feeling?" She queried as I locked eyes with her. My cheeks would've run red if I was human, when I unexpectedly felt her cold hands, cupping my cold face.

"I'm fine, stop touching me Alice" Her name sounded so beautiful and I do, wanted her to touch me.

"I'm sorry, I was just-" She started but the frustration I had, thanks to myself, took over. "Yeah you always, just, Alice. You are always in my way. Don't you get that I don't relish it to waste my time with a freak like you" Her eyes widened, taken aback by the hurtful words that left my mouth.

Nodding, she whispered, "I'm sorry" So quietly as if she had forgotten I was 'human'.

I was shocked by my own words and how I could say such things to the girl I loved. This behavior wasn't to protect my feelings anymore, no. That was just selfish.

"Alice- I'm sorry, I didn't me-" I exhaled, stopping when I felt a pair of cold hands on my shoulders. "I think you should better go now" I turned around and looked her boyfriend in the eyes before nodding and getting in my truck.

But now I finally got what I wanted all this time, they hate me now.

I glanced into the side mirror on my door, seeing Jasper hugging his hurt girlfriend, kissing her head while he treated her how she should be treated.

———————————

Word count: 1144