Chapter VII

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚝

Nillia pov:

"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?" Bella asked while she held onto everything she could, Alice once again, driving way too fast for the human's liking. "I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto" I giggled, falling forward when Alice hit the gas harder. "Not today" Bella replied, glaring out of the window.

In a split second, Alice was trying to keep the car on the road as she was sucked into a vision. "What? What do you see?" The brunette asked as she turned her head, waiting for the other girl to answer her. "They refused him" My mate stated.

I breathed out in relief at the news. "Thank God" But then again, that can only mean one thing. They want Edward's gift.

"So?" Bella motioned for her to continue, knowing it has a downside to it. "He's gonna make a scene, show himself to the humans"

"Are you fucking serious?" I groaned and laid my head back, "Why does he gotta be like that"

"When?" The pixie stopped for a second, trying to see anything more of the later scene, "He's gonna wait until noon, when the sun's at its highest peak" She replied, sighing.

"God Alice, you gotta hurry up" I looked at Bella sitting in the front, her head down. "Sure you want that?" I asked giggling. Nothing in this situation was funny, call it coping mechanism.

My mate looked up, "There's Volterra" She was driving as fast as the looks from the people allowed her too, careful not to run anyone over.

"Why are they all in red?" The human asked as the other girl drove through the streets the people cleared for her. "San Marco's day festival, they're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city" She explained.

"What the fuck"

"It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself" I sure hope so, because what he planned to do is just as stupid. It will get us all in danger and eventually even killed.

"We have five minutes" Bella had her head in her hands, clearly stressed. If she's not going to stop him in time then I wouldn't know what else to do.

"I know Bella, just breathe" I could tell her stress effected Alice and I just wished that breathing would work for us all in that moment.

"Fuck, Al stop" She looked to her left and stopped the car, the police officers already standing by our window. "Bella go" I said, watching as the girl got out of the rented car. "Wai-"

Alice cut her off, knowing she wanted us to go with her. "Bella you're the only one he can't see coming. If I go he'll read my thoughts, he'll think I'm lying and rushes into it" The girl thought for a second. Her breathing unsteady, it only worsening when the police started knocking on my mate's window.

"Where do I go?" She asked, ready to save her boyfriend, even if it means she had to do it alone. "He'll be under the clock tower"

"GO" I shouted, hearing the clock tick once again, meaning another minute was lost.

She ran up the streets, having my prayers to make it in time to rescue my brother.

"Miss, please roll down your window" Alice did as the officer told her, smiling at him as if the earlier conversation not just happened. "I'm sorry, was I driving too fast?" She asked ever so sweetly, fluttering her eyelashes innocently at the man.

His cheeks turned a light red as he began to stutter, "Uhm a-ctually no everything's fine ma'am" I rolled my eyes at the grown up man who's cock probably went hard because a woman was smiling at him.

Leaving the back, I got in the seat were Bella sat in just seconds ago. "Well then, me and my girlfriend will just drive along if that is not an issue" I shot him a threatening smile, grabbing the steering wheel as Alice hit the gas.

"Window up" I spoke annoyed as the pixie next to me smirked, her hands taking place on the steering wheel again. "Jealous, love?"

Her free hand creeped up my thigh, staying where she knew it made me nervous. "Your brother is trying to kill himself" I reminded, making my girlfriend groan.

"I know, distract me from it" Turning my head to her, I removed the hand that belonged to her, placing it where her other hand was on.

"Drive"

-

"Is the door locked?" I asked, trying to perceive what was stopping us from opening the door. Alice hummed a yes, "Break the door open then idio- oh" Before I could finish my sentence, she broke the door open, having me follow her inside.

It went exactly how we wanted it to and soon we were facing the guards, just in time as a fight was about to occur between them and our beloved brother. "Come on guys" Alice announced her very presence while she took her sunglasses off.

"It's a festival," I spoke, looking at one of the guards while rolling my eyes at him. "You wouldn't want to make a scene" The pixie finished, giving me a quick high-five where they couldn't see, because of how good our entrance was.

"We wouldn't" He agreed rather forced, glaring at her before turning his head to a young female. "Enough" Was all she said as she removed the hood from her head.

"Jane" Edward looked down once he saw her, avoiding her gaze. It was my first time face to face with them all, and I practically knew no one.

"Aro send me to see what was taking so long" The blondes bright red eyes looked at those of her brothers, expecting them to follow what her looks told them.

"Just do as she says" Alice looked at her best friend, nodding her head towards her boyfriend to get her to follow him. She then took my hand, offering me a weak smile as she began to walk closely behind Bella.

"It's okay" My girlfriend looked at me, ignoring the younger vampire that let us go in front of her. "Promise" She nodded, squeezing my hand reassuringly. "Promise."

All seven of us had to fit in one small elevator as we went downstairs, the air thick with nervous tension. When we got out, we had to walk along a seemingly never ending hallway, where we got greeted by a human.

"They make their food work?" Alice bumped my shoulder, telling me to shut up. "Indeed we do" Jane responded, creeping me out.

"This is it" Bella whispered, looking up the large doors that lead into the throne room of the Volturi.

———————————

Word count: 1134