Chapter VIII

𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕

Nillia pov:

The large doors that lead to the throne room were opened for us, revealing the three vampires that ruled over our kind. "Sister, they send you out to get one and you bring back three" A seemingly younger boy said, though probably he is 1000 years older than me.

I looked at him because I didn't know where else to, and you most certainly will not be catching me looking one of the kings in the eye.

"And a half" The boy finished once Bella stepped through the door, her head down, also too intimidated by the other vampires. "Such a clever girl" He trailed off, his sister standing next to him.

"What a happy surprise" The man with the long black hair that I know as Aro, stood up from his throne, walking down the three steps towards us. "Bella is alive after all" He grinned, "Isn't that wonderful?" Clapping his hands, he now stood in front of Edward. "I love a happy ending" The man didn't seem to be needing to ask for permission as he took my brothers hand in his, closing his red eyes.

"They are so rare" He spoke, taking in every of Edwards memories. "Her blood appeals to you so much" Bella was clearly unaware of what was happening, biting her lip anxiously as the dark haired looked into her eyes, finding it amusing how he intimidates her.

"It makes me thirsty" He gulped at the thought of her blood but quickly covered it up with a smile. "How can you stand to be so close to her?" Aro wondered. "It's not without difficulty" The boy stated while the other vampire just laughed in response. "Yes I can see that"

Edward still had his hand in that of the older man, turning his head to his girlfriend, "Aro can read every thought I've ever had with one touch. And now you know everything" His eyes darted to the red ones again, "So get on with it" A grin was seen on the pale face of his, his voice quiet as he spoke. "You're quite a soul reader yourself, Edward"

He paused for a second, his eyes flickering between those of Edward and Bella. "Though you can't read Bella's thoughts.. fascinating" Taking a few steps back as he let go of our brother's hands, his grin widening. "I would love to see if you are an exception to my gifts, as well"

The pale hand of his reached out for Bella to take, waiting for every thought the human had, to be revealed. "Would you do me the honor" He asked sincerely, tilting his head to the side as she seemed to be hesitating a bit. Their hands connected and Aro only smiled in satisfaction as he went through her thoughts. Or so it looked like.

"Interesting.. I see nothing" The dark haired glanced up at Bella, letting go of her small hand.

His eyes darkened as he turned around, imagining what he could test next on the human. "I wonder if.." A mischievous grin made its way onto his face, looking at Jane he spoke, "Let us see if she's immune to all our powers"

The girl glanced at the grinning man, "Shall we, Jane?" Before she was able to set her power on Bella, Edward ran towards her, wanting to prevent his girlfriend from the pain the red eyed was about to put on her. "Pain" She spoke calmly as the boy fell to the ground, grunting as the said thing hit him.

"Stop. Please, stop" It quickly became visible that Edward wasn't going to endure the pain for much longer, his girlfriend stepping in for him, in hope to take his place. Alice kneeled down to hold her brother, while I maintained to be silent, scared that I could be next.

"Stop. Just stop hurting him, please." Bella begged for Aro's mercy, having me and my girlfriend look at him in surprise as he asked the younger vampire to stop.

"Go ahead, my dear" Bella was released out of the other boy's grip, her body shaking as Jane looked at her, smirking at the pain she was about to let her feel. "This may hurt just a little"

Moments in which everyone was anxious for the human passed, but nothing happened. Bella remained to wait for the waves of suffer that she was supposed to be experiencing, yet even Jane's grin seemed to fade.

Suddenly an ear piercing laugh was to be heard as the mighty king clapped in his hands. "Remarkable" He breathed out in amazement, perhaps getting to see it for the first time in his entire life.

"She confounds us all" He spoke. "So what do we do with you now?" He thought for a second before one of two men in the thrones spoke up. "You already know what you're going to do, Aro" The longhaired remarked, staring at him in more of an annoyance.

"She knows too much, she's a liability" The blonde announced, everybody in this room knowing what he was going to say next.

Aro sighed, zoned out on Bella's human self. "That's true. Felix?"

As soon as the name was pronounced, it all happened so fast. The said boy passed by the human in a second and in another he was pushed to the ground by Edward. Alice went for him as well but was grabbed by the throat swiftly before she could even try. "Alice" I shouted, running towards her, before I, as well was harshly grabbed by my throat.

From then on we were forced to watch without being able to help. Our brother was slammed into the ground, a crack forming on his cheek as it happened. It was quick to heel, yet the fight was not over. the brunette lunged himself at the man, before he could lay a finger on his girlfriend.

Edward was thrown into a wall, held up by his throat and slammed into the now broken tiles. The second where his chin was being held up with much force, could've been his last, if it weren't for Bella, who once again screamed for Aro's mercy. "Kill me" She sucked in a heavy breath,

"Kill me, not him"

———————————

zorry for long wait

Word count: 1054