Chapter-9

Back to the present--

Janvi's pov--

After doing my morning duty in the kitchen I went to my room and got ready for college...I couldn't manage time for breakfast as I was late already...

I missed my first class...I took note from my friend Priya...She is my best friend...She always support me no matter what... I'm blessed to have her...

Let's go to canteen... I'm very hungry...I need emergency food treatment...
I told Priya as my tummy growled loudly and Priya started to laugh...

Okk... let's go otherwise you gonna eat my brain...
I smacked her head and went to the canteen...

After having some snacks we attend our remaining classes...we chitchat with some of our friends...Then Priya went to her home and I went to the college library...
I'm working here as a part timer... It's for my pocket money... Though it provides very little but enough for me now...I don't have to pay for fees in college as I have full free scholarship...For that I had to burn lots of woodsman...It was not easy yet not impossible...

Manisha di and Priya support me a lot... whenever I need them , they were always there for me in every situation...

Today there was not that much work in library.. So, I got a early leave...When I went to the outside of the college compound,I saw the man from previous day...For whom he was waiting?I asked myself...

I tried to avoid and was passing by his car... Suddenly he called me to stop...I hadn't any other option and had to obey him...

"Ma'am, Boss has sent this for you..."
He offered me a small bag...I don't know what was inside...I know whom he is calling BOSS...This thought already passing me chills in my spine...

"I ..i ... don't  nee ..ee ...d anything..."
I tried to reject...

"Boss will be very angry if you don't take it...He will be mad on me...."
I feel pity for him and took the bag from him... Then he offered to drop me at home but I denied...I almost ran from there and got a bus to reach home...
HIS thoughts always frightened me...

After reaching home I got fresh first....My eyes fall on to the the small bag that I got from his man...I didn't open it yet...

I did my all night work done..Then I went to the room...The bag again caught my attention.. At that time I couldn't ignore it..After pushing all thoughts I picked the bag and open it...It was a  box...

"Oh my god.... It's a phone...That too very expensive one..."
My previous one was cheap one because I couldn't effort a good one... That day Ruhi got angry on me because I forgot to iron her clothes
and threw my phone...I was broken and not working at all...I was going to repair it by the end of the month after getting salary...

I turned on the phn...It has a lot of features and working so smoothly...I have never ever dreamt about to have such an expensive phone...

Suddenly phone ranged and I got frightened so much that my phone fall on my bed....After putting one hand on my heart I took the phone in my hand...
I skipped a couple of my heart beats seeing the name...
Husband❤️
It was ringing continuously and it got received accidentally...

"SO, FINALLY YOU HAVE DECIDED TO PICK UP MY CALL..."
I felt my throat dry and nothing was coming from my mouth...

"WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME??I ORDERED MY MEN TO DROP YOU AT HOME BUT YOU REJECTED IT AND WENT BY BUS..."
He was definitely mad on me...

"ARE YOU LISTENING, SWEETHEART?.."
I skipped a beat and there was threatening in his voice...

"Y.....e...ss..."
I stammered badly...

"YOU BETTER LISTEN TO ME WHENEVER I TOLD YOU SOMETHING...DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"Y...e...ess..."
I gulped loudly and answered him...

"GOOD....DO YOU LIKE THE PHONE?.."

"It's too ex...pen...sive...You diiiidn't need too..."

"I'M GLAD TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN SPEAK MORE THAN "YES"..."
He chuckled and my ears turned hot...

"SO,YOU ARE COMPLAINING NOW?"
He suddenly asked coldly....He has surely some mood swing problems...

"N...n...oooo....I...dii...dn't...me...an...that way..."
I tried to explain but me and my shuttering problem infront of him never leave...

"YOUR HUSBAND CAN EFFORT MUCH MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE..."
He told me coldly and there was no emotions..My heart is beating loudly..I didn't know what to answer him...So Keep quiet..

"HAVE SOME WORK TO DO...TALK TO YOU LATER..."
After getting a little pause he talked again...

"GOOD NIGHT, SWEETHEART..."
My heart jumped after hearing the nickname he gave me...Whenever he called  me like this,it feels so different...I Don't know the meaning of this feelings...

"Goo...good...   Night..."
Then he cut the call and I sat on my bed holding my chest...My heart is beating so abnormally...
After that I drank some water as if I was thirsty for long....

I tried to concentrate on my studies but my mind was far way from me...I couldn't think straight...

Arjun pov--

After talking with her I got engrossed into my work...

Finishing my paper work I looked at the watch and it was 2 in the morning.... Tomorrow I have a meeting with my dad and his loving son...

The surprise that I gave him on that day he couldn't digest it well...He was very furious...Like do I care!!

I went to the terrace..now I'm one of my beach penthouses... Standing by the ralling of the terrace I light up my cigarette... I'm not a Chainsmoker...But I need it sometimes to think better or refreshing my mind...

The strong wind of beach hitting my face... Weather is quite chilly...I took a deep breath...

My dad was planning many things in many ways

My dad was planning many things in many ways... Does he thinks that I don't know about them?
Let him...who cares...I have my own ways to deal with them...It didn't took one day to achieve this position...I had to work years...Then I became "The King of Mafia"

If they are thinking that I'm gonna give up my powers and position,then they are so native...And I know they are not...I know how dirty they could play...

I'm keeping Janvi away from all of these chaos but it won't be for long...They are looking for every information about her as hungry dogs...

I was not that much serious about her before...But last time when they tried to harm her I had to take things in my hand..They tried to kill her by car accident....But she was lucky enough to survive...She got hurt but not that much...
When I heard her accident's news I rushed to the hospital...I didn't know what came up to me... There created a wild storm inside me...

I found out about those people who were hired to kill Janvi...I captivated them and tortured them as long as they begged for their death...

The thought of some one gonna harm her makes my blood boil like lava...

"I WILL KEEP YOU SAFE ALWAYS, SWEETHEART.."
I made a promise to myself...

__________
Keep voting guys if you like the story💙