Chapter-23

Author note----

Sorry again for the late update 😑
Life is full of surprises and it doesn't always go according to our planning...
You all have so much patience... keep it up🫣

_______________

(Present)

Janvi shirked when she felt something was moving on her feet...She left up her face from her knees and tried to look down...But she couldn't see anything in the darkness...
It was cold and slippery...Then suddenly realization hit her and pressed her mouth with her both hands not to scream or make any sound...

She silently cried at her vulnerable situation...After sometime she felt that dangerous things went away...She exhaled, she didn't know she was holding all this time...

"Where are you Arjun?..."
Janvi murmured under her breath...She was tired...She was tired of all the things that were happening, she doesn't know why...Who were those people who wanted to harm her...

"Please be okay...Come back sound and safe..."
Janvi prayed in her mind....She just wants Arjun to be okay with her as soon as possible...She doesn't know how long she will be able to hold her courage...

She clutched herself strongly and then her mind went back to a few hours ago where everything started and led her to this situation...

_____________
(Some hours ago)
Janvi's pov--

After dinner Arjun gave me medicines and I gulped down quickly as I didn't want to make him angry...
I'm feeling very guilty about the afternoon incident when I went out without telling him...I didn't think that would cause all this thing...I should have informed him at least...

"DON'T OPEN THE BALCONY DOOR OR WINDOWS FOR TONIGHT..."
Arjun's sudden voice brought me to reality...I looked at Arjun who was busy locking up the balcony door...
I looked at the windows, they were already locked...

"IF YOU HEAR ANY NOISE JUST CALL ME LOUD...I WILL BE DOWNSTAIRS..."
Arjun checked the locks again then turned towards me...I was looking at him confusedly...Our eyes met...

"I WON'T CHARGE YOU FOR SPEAKING UNLESS MY EARS STARTED TO BLEED..."
I took some time to understand his sarcasm...I opened my mouth like a fish and closed it as I didn't have any proper answer...Suddenly I remembered something...

"Th- that chimpanzee will come again?..."
I asked Arjun remembering the incident when I kept the balcony door open and a chimpanzee tried to enter the room...Thank god the Chimpanzee left without any harm...

"CHIMPANZEES..."
Arjun spoke casually looking at me...He didn't break the eye contact...

"Chi--chim---chimpanzees?"
I stammered thinking about a lot of chimpanzees that could have attacked me...

"ONE CHIMPANZEE WILL BRING OTHER CHIMPANZEES...THAT ONE WAS SPY CHIMPANZEE..."
Arjun spoke while walking towards the cupboard...He was searching for his t-shirt maybe...

"What!!...Really??..."
I asked surprisingly...I wondered about chimpanzees, they are also like humans...

"YEAH....THAT SPY ONE GATHERED INFORMATION AND THEN INFORMED TO HIS LEADER...THEN, THE LEADER ORDERED THEM TO ATTACK OR NOT..."
Arjun pulled one of his t-shirts and pants and looked at me...I was looking at him like a 5 year old kid who was listening to an interesting story...He was about to go to the bathroom...

"How do you know about all this?..."
My question makes him stop on his track and he turns around...

"I HAVE MY OWN WAYS..."
He chucked as I have asked him the silliest question ever...He looked intensely at me as he could read my thoughts as an open book...He knew that I'm scared...He always knows everything...