Chapter-15

Author note----

Here is your quick update my lovely readers..
I couldn't make it long enough as I have promised that I will update soon...I kept my promise...
Enjoy guys💙

Janvi was sleeping peacefully... Suddenly, a loud sound made her startled and she hurriedly sat on the bed...she looked around to find out what was happening...She looked at the glowing watch...It was 3:30am...There was a small tool near the balcony door....It was now laying on the floor... The balcony door was slightly open which she remembered was closed at night...It was sure that the tool didn't fall because of the wind...It was quite heavy...

She slowly went to the balcony but couldn't trace anything...It was all dark...But something caught her eyes...That turned her body cold...She quickly came to the room and closed the balcony door...Fear started to consume her completely...She stood there pressing her back against the balcony door....She felt herself shivering...She was feeling suffocated in this closed room... Sweat started to form on her forehead...

Suddenly, the door of the bedroom opened loudly and Arjun entered urgently...He switched on the light and looked around and spotted a scared Janvi in front of the balcony door...

"WHAT WAS THE SOUND??.."
Arjun inquired...Janvi didn't say anything...She was looking at Arjun blankly...Arjun approached her and held her forearm...

"WHAT HAPPENED?.."
Janvi didn't speak...She was just looking at Arjun blankly...Arjun was getting tensed...He cupped Janvi's face and asked softly...

"ARE YOU OKAY?..."
Janvi blinked and took a deep breath...Then she closed her eyes...

"RELAX....THEN TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED?.."
Arjun started caressing Janvi's cheek by his thumb...
Janvi gulped down and tried to speak but couldn't...

"IT'S OKAY, SWEETHEART...HAVE SOME WATER...THEN TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED...OKAY?"
Janvi nodded her head...Arjun took Janvi towards the bed and made her sit down...Then give her a glass of water which was kept at the side table of the bed....She drank all the water...

"DO YOU WANT MORE?.."
Arjun asked Janvi softly....Janvi nodded in the negative...

"NOW TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED?... WHAT WAS THE SOUND?.."
Arjun asked again...Janvi raised her finger and pointed towards the fallen tool...Arjun went to the tool and kept it in its place...He looked around to find out the reason why the tool had fallen...

"HOW DID IT FALL?.."
Arjun asked Janvi turning at her...

"I...do.... don't know...."
Janvi took a pause...Arjun gave her time to recollect her...

"I was in sleep...The loud sound of the falling tool made my sleep break...The door of the balcony was slightly open...Then I went to.."
Janvi gulps down her saliva and speaks again..

"But I reeee... remembered clearly the door was cloo... closed when I sleep..."
The fear was clearly seen in her eyes...She looked down at her lap and started to play with her pallu...Arjun was observing her keenly...

"WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN WHEN YOU WAS IN THE BALCONY?..."
Arjun inquired Janvi...Janvi instantly looked at Arjun...

N...nothi....
Janvi stammered but Arjun stopped her in the middle...

"DON'T YOU EVER DARE TO LIE TO ME..."
Arjun threatened Janvi dangerously...Janvi felt her throat dry...She looked down and didn't say anything...

"TAKE YOUR TIME BUT.....BUT I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH ONLY... I'M WAITING..."
Janvi still didn't look at Arjun...

"LOOK AT ME..."
Arjun spoke stressing on every word...Janvi took a deep breath and looked at Arjun...

"The......there was sooo...someone...whee....wheeen I...I wa...was in the balcony.... someone.....jumm... jumped from the balcony....I didn't see bu....but I heard the sound...Then hide behind the trees...I couldn't see much...It wa ...was ....dark....ann...and I was... scared..."
Janvi's voice cracked at the end....She was panting...

"OHH....THAT MUST BE CHIMPANZEE...LAST YEAR FOREST DEPARTMENT RELEASE SOME CHIMPANZEES HERE..."
Arjun spoke being carefree...

"No....That was a person..."
Janvi spoke demandly....

"YOU'RE MISUNDERSTANDING...THERE CAN'T BE ANY PERSON HERE WITHOUT US...YOU HAVE MISTAKEN IN THE DARK..."

"I'm telling you the truth..."
Janvi pleaded with her eyes...

"I DIDN'T SAY YOU'RE TELLING LIE... I'M JUST SAYING YOU HAVE MISTAKEN..."

"Buuuut...."

"NO MORE DISCUSSION...GO TO SLEEP AGAIN..."
Arjun ordered sternly...

"I can't.... I'm scared..."
Janvi said helplessly...

"IT HAS NOTHING TO WORRY...SLEEP... NOTHING GONNA COME HERE AGAIN.."
Arjun assured Janvi....Then he typed something on his phone and then started to move out of the bedroom...

"Please stay with me.... Please don't leave..."
Janvi requested Arjun being helpless as she was very scared... Arjun turned around and looked at Janvi...

"Y...you can sleep on the other side of the bed..."
Arjun was looking at Janvi but he didn't say anything...

"Please.."
Janvi requested Arjun...Her eyes tear up...She was afraid that Arjun might be denied her proposal...Arjun took a deep breath...

"GO TO THE BED... I'M COMING AFTER SWITCHING OFF THE LIGHT..."
Janvi didn't move...She was just looking at Arjun..

"GO BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND..."
Janvi quickly went to bed and sat down...

"LAY DOWN... I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE...I'M COMING.."
Janvi instantly followed Arjun's instruction... Arjun turned off the light and went to bed...Then lay down beside Janvi...Both are feeling different kinds of emotion...Janvi was never ever that close to any male...She was laying beside a man for the first time that too with her husband...

Janvi's fear started to come back...She felt like holding someone or being held by someone... Maybe after that she will feel better...She can't hold him...If she holds his hand then maybe it would work...She will just hold his hand not much,she thought in her mind...Before that she needs to check if he was asleep or not...Janvi slowly looked at Arjun and their eyes met...His gaze was on her all the time...Janvi immediately turned around...Now her back was facing Arjun...She was caught red handed..

Suddenly, Arjun's hand wrapped around Janvi's belly and pulled her towards him until her back didn't pressed against Arjun's chest...Janvi shivered under the touch of Arjun...

"YOU HAVE TO ASK WHATEVER YOU WANT... EVERY TIME I WONT UNDERSTAND YOUR DEMAND...YOU HAVE TO EXPRESS, WIFEY..."
Arjun whispered near Janvi's ear...Janvi layed still...She didn't make any movement...Arjun pulled duvet over themselves...He covered her properly...

"GO TO SLEEP, SWEETHEART..."
Arjun hold Janvi firmly...Janvi felt so protective...She never felt this safe before...After sometime her eyes became heavy and she couldn't hold herself...She started to drift into sleep...

"YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY WHEN I'M WITH YOU... I'LL PROTECT YOU NO MATTER WHAT.."
Janvi heared Arjun's whispers before she completely fall asleep...
Janvi slept peacefully in Arjun's arm... She was having her best sleep in her life... Arjun also slept peacefully...

_______
Pardon my grammartical mistakes🙏🏻
My vocabulary and also my English is so weak..
Tolerate me(with mistakes) and my silly story..