14. - Snake VS Kitsune.

I stared at the strange girl with a slightly worried look, while a rather sinister smile crept on her face.

Despite the smile, I could feel that she was pretty pissed off..

And like clockwork, she launched a fire whip attack at me, which I just barely managed to dodge.

'That attack is quick-'

I thought, before landing softly, only to be forced to dodge more whips of the same kind from her. It was strange - these fire whips she was attacking me with were definitely coming from her, however she wasn't holding a whip noir even moving an inch while the whips were practically forcing me to dance.

Was it perhaps the result of magic or something?

'I need to get an opening..'

My expression slightly changed to a more nervous one, as I quickly used 'Shadow Manipulation' to dive into a nearby cluster of shadows.

Moments later, I leaped out of the girls shadow, about to strike her with a 'Venom Shocker'.

?: "Such a predictable move.."

She said, before slowly turning to face me.

Oh shit!
Before I could get the time to react, a blue fire ball flew my way, hitting me and launching me against a tree, which I hit pretty hard.

However, despite the hit and then crash into a tree, I didn't feel like I had taken all that much damage.

'Guess my overkill stats are coming in handy right now..'

I thought before shedding a slight sweat, as the girl turned towards me and began to slowly approach me.

?: "As expected, you managed to live that attack... You're quite special, I'll give you that."

She said, before opening her eyes.
The gaze she had sent slight shivers down my scaley spine (Ignore the nonsensical wording.) - she had a cold stare and yet, deep inside that stare I could see pure blood lust and killing intent.

Whoever this was, was most definitely here to kill me.

?: "But will you live this!"

The girl announced before creating what looked to be 3 small tornados of blue flames.
I exhaled, before dashing towards her.

The three tornados began to approach me, however I managed to use my skill 'Shadow Manipulation' to dodge one of them, before blocking the other.
As soon as the third one came towards me, I quickly activated 'Devourer' - absorbing the tornado into my body.

Pure Magical Energy has been absorbed.
Excess Magical Energy will be turned into skills..

Success.

Epic Skill '' Overworld Detection '' acquired.

'That was pure magical energy..? And enough to create an epic skill no less..'

I looked at the girl with a serious gaze, as she simply gasped lightly at my move just now.
Whoever this was, had a lot of magical energy - most likely more than me.

If I underestimate her, I will wind up dead, no doubt.

The girl put back on her blood lust expression, before looking a cold dead stare at me.

?: "I see... So that skill of yours also works on things that aren't alive.."

She noted.