07. | the devil i know.

— 𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆 taken from:    will bowes

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Pain was something he regularly lived with. Each time he trained with his father, he felt pain.

The sharp blade grazing his flesh. The gnarled fist threatening to discipline him. All for the sake of power.

Someone in the mansion, one of the servants, once spoke of how gentle his father once was to his mother. How soft-spoken he could be beyond all that rage brewing inside him.

[Y/n] didn't believe them. Not a single word. Lies, it must be. For where was that gentleness his father never showed to him?

Once maybe, he had tried to believe it. That his father could show an ounce of care to his own flesh and blood. A gentle pat on the head. A caring hug, perhaps.

But no. Nothing of the sort.

There was no love between them.

It was long gone, buried beneath with the mother he never knew. A mother that died, giving birth to him.

She was quickly replaced, of course. The clan needed more than one child to secure their bloodline.

Raising a child was an investment in the family's future. Personal freedom was something rarely given among those of nobler blood—words that were constantly rung into his head.

He heard his grandfather immediately took action to replace his dead mother. Inviting a woman much more gifted in jujutsu sorcery to become his father's new wife.

And then, came his little sister.

[L/n] Emi.

Despite how hollow and staid the household usually was, Emi always managed to keep an honest smile on her face.

She would try her best to see the positive in things, even in dire circumstances, alarmingly enough. Once she had said to him, that the training father gave to them was the proof of his love towards them.

By giving them training firsthand, he would be able to ensure his children could protect themselves.

She was an idiot. Or maybe, she told that lie to herself over and over, to the point that she believed them herself.

[Y/n] ignored most of her crazed family ramblings after that. Even when she grew older, her perspective didn't change one bit.

Living in that household was already hard enough. And yet, it seemed the universe hated him much more than he thought.

Alone, in the cloaked darkness of his bedroom, an excruciating pain spread through his body, tearing him limb from limb. The pain in his chest reverberated like a loud siren as he heaved breath after breath.

[Y/n] could feel his nerves slowly snapping one by one under the stress, as if someone had put a torch on his spinal cord. He remembered going to the basement before all this happened. An order from his father, something he shouldn't have obeyed.

He remembered the grin on his grandfather's face. A disgusting smile spread on his mouth, singing praises to him and his newly discovered healing.

To heal, using a reverse cursed technique was something even a high-ranked jujutsu sorcerer would struggle with.

But in the [L/n] family, it was unheard of. No one in the family was able to do it, let alone a child.

And yet, he did it anyway. A miracle in the making.

Something in his body had obeyed, coursing the cursed energy within and weaving it into a positive course, closing the wounds that were left unchecked by his father.