11. | hollywood's bleeding.

— 𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆 taken from:    post malone

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

He had to be honest, the dingy neighborhood he was currently walking around in was exactly the kind of place he expected that man to hide in.

Although, hide perhaps wasn't the correct word to describe the man he knew as 'Zenin Toji'.

Or, should he call him by another name now?

Toji had left the Zenin clan after all. Packed up his things and disappeared completely from the Jujutsu World, doing god knows what.

Added to the fact that Toji's body contained no cursed energy at all, the task of finding such a man was the most bothersome thing he ever tried.

It was as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack.

But, well, he could be a persistent bastard when the need arises. And so, here he was.

"Have you seen this man?" he asked dryly to a random young passerby, showing a badly printed image of Toji that he stole took from the Zenin residence.

He couldn't find a better image of the man, but hey, he had to do what he had to do. Finding Toji was his number-one goal right now. Who cared that he skipped studying just for this sorcerer killer anyway?

The lady in front of him gasped as she saw the picture, "Oh my goodness! Is that your dad, kid?"

Do we even look alike?

Lying wasn't his thing, but hey...

"Yeah, he's my dad. Can you help me find him?" he lied, doing his best to appear as the most docile child the lady had ever seen in her life.

The sweltering sun above was burning hot, helping him to appear more pitiful, sweating buckets while carrying a large backpack in the middle of fucking nowhere.

"Oh, you poor thing! Don't worry, I'll help you find him, kid. In fact, I think I've seen him before!"

So, he was right. Toji did live in this dingy ass neighborhood. Taking a deep breath, he hoisted his heavy backpack to a more comfortable position and looked up at the lady once again. "Please take me to him!"

If he was any normal kid, he probably should've exercised more caution, but the small dagger inside his pocket was dangerous enough to expel any threats that would come his way.

Tears of pity shone in her eyes as she held out a hand for him. "Okay, come with me! I'm pretty sure I saw him living in the complex near the sketchy ramen store around here!"

With his hand held in hers, the lady led him past littered streets and poorly maintained buildings. He wanted to leave already, the smell was starting to water his eyes.

Across the street, he saw some shabby-looking houses, poorly maintained, of course, but still a nice enough place to sleep in, no doubt.

"How do u know where he lives?" he asked as they walked closer to the houses.

The lady fanned herself with her hand, whether from the heat of the sun or the memory of Toji, he didn't know the answer.

"Well, you see, I think your father is umm... very handsome. So, that's why I kinda paid attention to where he lives y'know?"

"...That sounds like stalker behavior."

"What?! No! I didn't pester him or anything. Just passing by where he lives, that's all! Honest!"

Toji probably would've noticed the lady following him if her story were to be believed. And the fact that she was standing alive right now must mean that she was of no threat to him.