13. | 90's tokyo boys.

— 𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆 taken from:    okamoto's

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Yaga stared down at him with knitted brows, pursing his lips while staying absolutely silent, seemingly unsure as to how to begin their conversation. "Yaga-sensei, please, say something. Why are we just standing here doing nothing?" [Y/n] asked, crossing his arms together with a raised eyebrow.

After an exasperated sigh, Yaga finally gave him an answer, "[Y/n], I don't know exactly the reason why you were recommended, but you've been tasked to a demanding mission alongside your seniors by Tengen-sama."

Now, that... is a request you don't hear every day.

A mission coming from Tengen-sama?

"My seniors, huh? Let me guess, it's a mission with Gojo-senpai and Suguru-senpai?" Yaga nodded, a pensive look on his face.

"Yes. I'm sure you realized by now how important the mission will be since the three of you are involved. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that the mission is too demanding even for you guys."

He nodded back, but a question still remained in his mind.

He asked, "Actually, why is it me and not Shoko-san instead? Those two strong seniors of mine should be enough for any mission. Having Shoko-san there to heal them seems more like the ideal situation than bringing me in."

"I've thought of that as well, but the mission came directly from Tengen-sama, and they named you three for it," Yaga said, voice as stern as ever. But behind that stern tone, he could detect a hint of worry lying underneath it. Just how hard was the mission for Yaga-sensei to worry about them?

"Before I go into the details, you should find those two first so that I won't have to repeat myself." Yaga looked up at the watch and continued, "Right now, their classes are over and there haven't been any new missions. It should be easy to find them around the area."

"Alright, I'll bring them here as quick as I can," he replied, giving a bow before finally leaving the classroom to Yaga himself.

As he stepped out of the door, his eyes widened at the sight of his two classmates. "You guys were waiting for me?" he asked after closing the door behind him.

Haibara nodded excitedly, stepping closer to him, and said, "Yeah, we did! Nanami said he was worried—"

"I was not."

"—and wanted to help you out—"

"Haibara, stop."

"—if you got into trouble because of last night or something."

He blinked, eyes flickering back and forth between Nanami and Haibara. There was a hint of mischief behind Haibara's smile while Nanami just looked plain old tired of everything currently going on... judging by the facepalm he just made.

"Ah, don't worry about it guys. I was tasked to a mission, I didn't get into any trouble for... yesterday, of course" he answered, raising an eyebrow at Nanami at the last part. He and Naoya had already completely destroyed—courtesy of his own technique—and burned the bed far outside of the school grounds.

There was no evidence of any misconduct!

Well, there was, of course, the problem of a missing bed. But, those details didn't need to be focused on right now.

Haibara let out a boisterous laugh. "See, Nanami? [Y/n]'s not in any trouble. You worry too much, don't you think? Hahaha!" Nanami gave Haibara a side eye before looking straight into his [e/c] eyes. "What mission did you get? Is it difficult?"