09. | i'm something else.

— 𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆 taken from:    somethingelseyt

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Standing beneath the vast expanse of the clear, azure sky, a sense of tranquility welled up within him. Brilliant blue stretched endlessly, unmarred by even a single cloud.

The sun's warm rays bathed him in a comforting embrace, and a gentle breeze whispered from beyond the forest in the distance.

He closed his eyes briefly, letting the sunlight wash over his face before a sound broke through the peacefulness.

"Well, well, well. Suguru, look who it is!"

"Satoru," Suguru forewarned, but it lacked any sincere concern.

Opening his [e/c] eyes, he turned his head at the group approaching them. The Kyoto Team had arrived at Tokyo Jujutsu High's grounds. Even from the distance, he could see three familiar silhouettes among the crowd.

Gojo laughed sardonically at them, his blue eyes taunting their very existence.

"I spy, with my Six Eyes, a pretentious, whiny brat approaching us, Suguru!"

With a large frown, Utahime immediately yelled out, "What was that?! Be respectful, Gojo. Damn you!" A playful tongue stuck out of his lips. "I wasn't even talking about you, Utahime~," he pointed to the person behind her. "I was talking about the piss-colored hair Zenin over there."

"Hah?!" An irk mark appeared on Naoya's face, and he gave a strained smile at Gojo despite the sour expression on his face.

[Y/n] sighed and turned his head upwards again, enjoying the scenery of blue as chaos and more yelling ensued between the two teams. The clock had just struck nine, but everyone seemed to have so much energy to waste.

Besides him, he could feel footsteps approaching, and tilted his head to look at Nanami.

"Did you sleep well?" Nanami asked him, blonde hair fluttering in the wind.

"Yeah. I slept like a log. Had a weird dream though..."

"About?"

"Saw a one-eyed cat eating Gojo-senpai for fun in my dream. Strangest dream I had, to be honest."

Nanami looked perplexed. "Perhaps it's because you thought of him too much. Specifically, that bet you talked about yesterday."

"Hmm, yeah. That's probably it." He shifted on his foot unconsciously. Nanami replied, "Don't push yourself too hard, [Y/n]."

He gaped slightly at the words of his classmate.

Was that a semblance of worry... from Nanami? He's kind of surprised. It was just... rare. He could count with his fingers the number of times Nanami and him even interacted since the start of the semester.

[Y/n] was slightly intrigued by him when they first met, but made no move to get close. Their cursed techniques were, to put it simply, quite similar. At first glance, anyway.

Nanami's innate technique allowed him to divide his target into ten lines, forcibly creating a weak spot at the ratio point of seven to three. Applicable to non-living objects, he could freely choose with his technique which parts of the target to divide.

And [Y/n]'s... well...

The cursed eyes of death perception was the inherited technique of the [L/n] clan that never again appeared since its height of power in the Heian period of Japan. It gained quite the reputation, from how easy it was to kill with them, and from what it could kill instead.