16. | eyes closed.

— 𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒍𝒆 taken from:    halsey

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The all-girls school Amanai goes to is surprisingly very ordinary, not at all what he expected for one of the most important vessels in Jujutsu Society. But, then again, she is supposed to be hiding that very important identity of hers.

Traversing the mundane area, he gives a watchful glance at everything in their vicinity, earning a curious glance from the girl he's protecting, eyes reflecting a mix of apprehension and anticipation.

His two mature seniors and the girls's caretaker are on standby, as per Amanai's request of only having him stand as her guardian, avoiding any complications that might have followed with Suguru and Gojo's very eye-catching figures.

The rhythmic click of Amanai's shoes echoes softly on the ground, blending with the distant chatter he can hear from inside one of the nearer buildings around them. Soon enough, a bell rings, signaling the start of Amanai's school.

In the distance, he can hear a chorus of voices singing their hearts out in a beautiful melody. Hmm, it seems they might be a little late, but oh well.

"So, this is where you study," he mutters, breaking their silence with the remark. A gust of wind tousles his hair, and the grip he has on the dagger inside his pocket tightens.

His eyes glow briefly and flicker to each surrounding building, looking out for any signs of potential danger. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Amanai shooting him a glare, a pout on her lips.

He suppresses the overwhelmingly heavy urge to sigh.

After he deems everything to be safe for now, he turns back to the girl and blinks absently back to the glare he's unjustly receiving. "What are you doing... glaring at me like that, little girl?"

"L-l-little girl?! You don't look that much older than me! I'm pretty sure you're just ahead of me by one year," she guffaws, a hilarious expression on her face. "You're a little boy too, you know!"

He snickers but manages to mask it off as a cough to the side. "You're not wrong about that. But, at the very least, this little boy acts a bit more mature than Tengen-sama's vessel," he replies casually.

"What?! No, you're not!" Amanai shouts out, clearly fuming at his words. He gives her a blank stare, and Amanai continues her glare. "You are the opposite of mature!"

He sighs. "You're not Tengen-sama... yet. I'm pretty sure I can still say whatever the hell I want to you, Amanai-san," he answers, eyes looking anywhere but at her.

A pointed finger enters his vision, and he scowls, looking down at Amanai in barely concealed disdain. "You! Stop that right now! Look me in the eyes when you talk—" she trails off suddenly, sounding confused...

He raises an eyebrow and she gives him a small frown before continuing in a small voice, "Uhh, what's your name again? I don't think you've introduced yourself to me... Or maybe you did...?"

He sighs. "It's [L/n] [Y/n], but you can just call me [Y/n]."

Amanai purses her lips and says, "I think I'll call you [L/n] instead. There's no way I'm calling you by your first name. Nuh-uh!"

He stays silent, and looks up at the clear sky instead, ignoring the girl with too much energy shouting in front of him. Her safety is the only important part of this mission, but he's already starting to regret being the girl's babysitter right now.

"Oi! Why are you silent right now? Are you listening to me?!" she shouts out.

Seriously now, where the hell is she getting all of this energy? Is this perhaps the true power of being Tengen's vessel? She's starting to be as annoying as Gojo...