i.chapter one

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

"He must be the one."

"Hush, Annabeth. He's waking, everyone give him some space."

"Move, Luke. I need to get this reaction on camera. Welcome to camp, Percy Jackson."

"We've been expecting you."

"It's okay. You're safe." Grover tried to comfort Percy as he woke up, his voice stayed low.

"He's awake." Noa overheard Grover, pushing into the medical wing with her video camera filming Percy. "Camp Half-Bloods newest addition and the talk of every camp, half-bloods and half-bloods. The minotaur's deathly fate lies in the palm of his hand and the questionable truth of who his parent is still awaits any answer. Tell me, Percy, how did-"

"Hey, Noa?" Grover cleared his throat some and gave her a little look, like he was trying to remain as nice as possible. "He kinda just found out about all this and his mom kinda..."

Her face fell as she quickly shut her video camera, giving Percy a guilty look. "Sorry! Camp Half-Bloods one and only media reporter, publisher of the Half-Blood Daily magazine and broadcast. Just trying to get the scoop. I'll come back-"

She stopped suddenly when the shell necklace she wore suddenly flashed like a camera, grabbing it and tossing it over her shoulder so it didn't face him. "-just gonna throw that over my shoulder. Welcome to camp!"

Percy glanced at the cup she held out, a blue liquid on the inside. Grover looked hesitant, but Percy recognized the smell. It was his mother's blue cookie recipe...but it was in liquid form. He took it from her hands and sucked it down, tasting just as he remembered it with a faint tint to his lips. Grover cleared his throat and gave Noa a frightened look before glancing to Percy again. "This is Noa...how do you feel about her?"

Percy frowned his eyebrows at the odd question, Noa realized what Grover was doing and paired it with a stare of disbelief. Percy shrugged. "She's got nice hair."

He sighed in relief with a nod of his head. "Enjoy your drink."

Percy's eyes looked toward the minotaur horn that rested on the table across from them. "It really happened."

"Well, it's a big deal to kill a monster like that. So, I wanted everyone to know." Grover quickly added in, hoping Percy wasn't bothered by the matter.

"Did you see it?" the blue eyed boy eyed his friend, the guilty look fell over Grover again. "Did you see what happened to my mom?"

"I did." he frowned. Noa felt weird being here in a moment she hadn't witnessed, but how could she just turn around and walk out. "I'm sorry."