xiii.chapter thirteen

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

"Where are we?" Percy asked as he breathed heavy, the near hit of the vehicles sending them all into a panic

"Turn off the lights." Annabeth spoke up quickly, Percy cut the headlights. Noa looked around from the backseat, taking her chances of opening the car door first.

"Noa." Grover began to climb out after her. "Wait."

Percy and Annabeth followed. Grover grabbed Noa's hand. "Noa....I know you."

"Oh course you do." she smiled, but the memories came to her just as fast as they came to him. The casino fogged her, but being near the the sea formed it back in her mind. Grover got his back, Noa blinked as her tone shifted. "Of course you do."

Grover looked to Annabeth and Percy next, his hand stilled grasped Noa's. "You guys are my best friends. Little weird I forgot a lot more stuff than you guys did."

"No, me too." Noa promised him with a nod to her head, glancing at Percy. "What happened at the casino?"

"It was the lotus flowers, it was in the air there." the blonde explained as he gave her a half grin. "Glad you're back."

She smiled back at him, Annabeth looked over at Percy. "We weren't alone. It's easy to forget what's important when you're alone."

Noa squeezed Grover's hand, bringing him back to her as he looked her way. The girl grinned his way. "Probably should never get separated in a casino ever again."

"Probably a good idea." he had to laugh. They all looked to the ocean as the waves grew louder, the wind caught in Noa's hair.

Percy took a breath. "Think I gotta go meet my dad now."

He then looked at Noa with a tilt to his head. "You can too."

She glanced to the sea once again, the feeling of her father in her veins called to her. It mocked her soul and all the years she spent without truly knowing him, a hundred more lifetimes than Percy has lived. The times they crossed paths and not a word was mentioned of the secret she so desperately should have known, the power of a goddess fresh in her body. "You go."

He frowned his eyebrows at her, Noa nodded once. "I don't think I'm ready to see him again yet...not like you are."

"We'll be here when you get back." Grover promised.

"What do I say to him?" Percy asked Noa hopefully. "What's he even like?"

"He's quiet...he listens to your actions more than your words." Noa recalled Poseidon like she'd seen him everyday, she described him in a way Percy would have never guessed she'd been upset. "You have the same eyes."

"What do I say? What would you say?" he was looking for more than what she gave him.

"You'll know." Annabeth spoke up, a promise within just two words. Percy nodded just once as he looked at the three again, Noa offered him a small smile. It was sad...that much was clear. As he walked to the ocean, Grover looked over at her and pulled her closer to his side. Noa leaned her head against his as she inhaled the salt of the sea, the worst type of feeling swarming around her chest.