vi.chapter six

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

"I didn't really think this through!" Grover came flying in and crashing into the statue, distracting Medusa while Noa came jogging close behind him

"I didn't really think this through!" Grover came flying in and crashing into the statue, distracting Medusa while Noa came jogging close behind him. Annabeth put the Yankees cap on Medusas head, shouting for Percy to do it now. He opened his eyes, swinging his sword as the snakes hissed and the thud of a body fell. Noa held her arms out, catching the invisible head as she cringed at the slimy feeling.

"Ugh!" she gagged. "Nice aim, Percy."

"Are you okay?" Annabeth went toward Grover.

"Did you say something?" he winced from where he still laid.

"I got her?" Percy walked toward Noa as she held the invisible head with a nod.

"You caught it?" Annabeth headed back over.

"Aw, man." Grover cringed. "Let's get out of here before Noa starts hallucinating again."

"I second that." she nodded her head, hurrying up the steps while the trio walked close behind her. "You wanna hold your Medusa head?"

"No really but I can." Percy offered.

"Yeah, you're turn." she handed it off to him and flung her arms around. "It's invisible but I can feel snake guts all over me right now."

"Just make sure it's pointing in the right direction before you take the hat off." Annabeth spoke to Percy, standing at the door.

"My hands are kinda full." Percy admitted, nodding to the door.

"Of course." she opened the door for him, letting him walk outside. The girls watched closely as he walked out to Alecto, taking the hat off and stoning her immediately. The statue crashed on the ground, Percy looked back as he headed their way. "Noa, what happened back there?"

She looked her way. "I don't want to talk about it right now."

She looked back for Grover, finding no one there. She looked around quickly. "Grover?"

Percy walked inside. "What's wrong?"

"Grover?" Noa called as she hurried back to the basement, jogging down the steps to find him standing infront of one of the statues. "Grover...what is it?"

"Uncle Ferdinand." he answered her quietly, staring at the man that was nothing but stone. Annabeth and Percy close behind Noa as they approached.

"Oh, no." Percy frowned.

"Grover, I'm so sorry." Annabeth sympathized with him.

"This is as far as he got on his quest." he further explained, sadness in his tone. "We're not even to Trenton, but look at him. He's not like the others, he...he doesn't look afraid."