viii.chapter eight

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

Annabeth passed the four tickets over, Noa and Grover un-clasped hands and leaned back in their chairs on sync

Annabeth passed the four tickets over, Noa and Grover un-clasped hands and leaned back in their chairs on sync.  The man flickered his eyes back up. "You're in Cabin 178?"

Annabeth and Percy looked at one another, Noa inhaled deeply as she stared right up at the man. She saw the tense look on his face start to flatten. "Is there a problem, sir?"

"Yes, I'm afraid there is." he was honest, but his tone was low as Noa's presence calmed him down. "Do you mind coming with me?"

"What was that?" Annabeth whispered to Noa, walking behind her as the four began to walk behind him.

"I zoned in on his serotonin levels, calmed him down a bit for whatever he's about to-" Noa began, stopped when they made it to their small cabin. Annabeth bumped into the back of her at the sudden halt she made, staring at their completely trashed cabin. "What in the Hades happened here?"

"I was hoping you could tell me that one." the man eyed the four. "Anyone want to explain?"

"Wait. Wait, you think we did this?" Percy looked at him in complete shock.

"Did you?" he shrugged.

"I mean...How? And why?" Percy was clearly in a lot of shock, Noa's presence could only do so much for stress levels and he was a clear proven fact to that.

"Sir, when we left for breakfast, everything was intact." Grover cut in, trying to be the mediator of the fours clear issue. "We don't know how this happened."

He rolled his eyes and looked to the woman a few week away, talking with a female officer. "We got a witness here, says she heard the window smash, and then heard children's voices."

"Oh, come on!" Percy huffed.

"Well our voices aren't all that child like." Noa gave him a knowing look, shrugging her shoulders. "You know how all those hormones in milk and red dye are...most boys my age have beards or so much hair on their legs it's like their part goat."

Grover laughed but quickly hid it with a cough, Noa fought a smile.

"Can you tell me what time you left the cabin?" the man ignored Noa's clear effort of getting them out of this situation.

"Are we under arrest?" Annabeth questioned, keeping her eyes on the trashed room.

"I don't think you want to take that tone with me, little girl." The man pulled his head back.

Noa immediately turned her head his way to fix the way he spoke to her. Annabeth held her arm out to grab Noa's wrist, telling her not to as she sized up the man. "Are we under arrest?"

Spoiler alert...they weren't under arrest. They ended up right back where they started, Percy and Noa back in their shared seat as Grover and Annabeth were. "So, we're just killing time until we find out that guy's like a werewolf or something, right?"