x.chapter ten

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

Noa waved awkwardly at the passing strangers, all staring in judgment as they attempted to heal Percy in the fountain

Noa waved awkwardly at the passing strangers, all staring in judgment as they attempted to heal Percy in the fountain. He squinted his eyebrows together. "You know, I think-I think it's working. This was a great call."

He attempted to stand before being too weak to, falling back over as Grover caught him some. Noa kneeled down and listened closely to his heart, shaking her head. "Still there. Hang on."

She took her backpack off and rested it on the side, digging through it. "I brought three potions with me. I wonder if any of them can work."

"What all are they?" Annabeth looked as Noa flipped each over, staring at the labels with little hearts on them. "Did you make them?"

"Of course I made them, Annabeth. They weren't hand delivered to me by the goddess herself." Noa gave her a crazy look before looked down at the bottles again. "Love spell...don't need that one. Anti-aging, he definitely doesn't need that one. And a ten minute pro-aging potion....Percy, I'm sorry."

"It's okay." he panted, but it really wasn't. Noa hurried back around, her hand grabbed her necklace in hopes of it sensing her panic.

"Maybe it needs to be naturally running water for Poseidon to be able to heal him." Annabeth pointed out, it hadn't even crossed Noa's mind of that possibility. The crashing noises echoed, making them look over as honks traveled through the air and flipped over the other. "We need to get back inside."

"No, we need to keep trying." Grover insisted.

"This isn't working." Annabeth argued, her eyes looking toward Echidna as she stared right at them from a few yards away.

"Hang on to me." Noa looked her arms around Percy's waist as he held her shoulder, Annabeth pulled Noa's waist while Grover helped lift Percy. The blonde leaned against his fellow half blonde, impressed with her strength.

"We'll take him inside and go to the temples alter." Annabeth promised Grover quickly, seemingly as though he was the only one not fully on page.

"Alter? Where is there an alter?" he asked, getting Noa's bag considering her hands were full.

"The highest point, the best view." she looked up at the arch, Noa and Percy did the same.

"Okay. But what good is that even going to do us?" Grover shot back.

"Noa."

Noa's heart jumped, her eyes looked around quickly. The voice came like an echo, but no one batted an eye.

"Noa...I'm trusting you with him."

"Percy." Noa gaped as her eyes looked around. "Do you hear him?"