v.chapter five

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

"You must be hungry. I left snacks on the table while I get a proper meal." Medusa called from the kitchen as the four walked into the dining room, revealing the long candle lit table filled with snacks they'd all love.

"You think it's safe to eat?" Percy whispered toward Grover, his goat feet clicking on the ground.

"Percy, I'm not gonna lie to you, I'm really hungry." Grover looked his way with an honest look. "And I'm ready to take that chance."

Noa pulled out two chairs at once, one for her and the other for Grover. She hesitantly held her camera, glancing over to Annabeth. "Do you think she could stone people on camera too?"

"Absolutely." Annabeth gave her a serious look. "What about a voiceover?"

"Good idea." Noa nodded, messing with her shell necklace. The boys looked over as she flipped it the other way and pushed the pink pearl. "Pink for audio only, the white pearl to snap a photo."

"That's how it works." Grover confirmed with an amazement look.

"Thanks for coming." Percy looked past the pair to make eye contact with Annabeth.

She gave him a judgement look over. "This isn't the same for me as it is for you."

"Why?" he question in a lost manor. Noa noticed that about the two of them. Annabeth didn't explain things but he always wanted to know why she reacted a certain way or why her attitude was different. Noa noticed, even if Annabeth didn't yet. Grover noticed that Noa noticed.

"You're concerned I would hold a grudge against you simply because you are a daughter of Athena." Medusa walked into the room, overhearing the conversation. They all hid their eyes again. "You shouldn't be. We're not our parents, after all."

Noa inhaled with a knowing look, Medusa smiled. "Noa knows."

Percy was curious how she knew her name and if she knew the rest of theirs. "And you and I might have more in common than you think. Please, eat."

Grover immediately dug into his burger and fries while Noa was more focused on the sweets laid infront of her. She tried all the cookies and offered Annabeth a bite of each one, though she denied, she tried to get her to eat while they had the chance. Percy cut his burger in half. "If you're not a monster, what are you then?"

"A survivor." Medusa's words made Noa stop chewing and glance up, not even thinking twice. She almost panicked before realizing her hair was covered, Noa stayed staring at her.

"You must be a little more than that." Percy kept his gaze on his plate. Noa offered Grover the half of the pink macaroon, he took it with ease and gave her one of his fries, even though she had her own. "There's a Fury out there that seems terrified of you."