iv.chapter four

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

"Somewhere up ahead, this turns into a satyr path

"Somewhere up ahead, this turns into a satyr path." Grover informed the trio as they walked through the woods, just recently escaping the Fury that came after them on the bus.

"What's a satyr path?" Percy asked curiously, Noa looked up at the birds that flew above them.

"It's a road through the wilderness." He answered in response. "Satyr explores use them. Harder to track us."

"That's great, but if we stay in the wilderness, how are we going to find a phone?" Percy questioned, carrying his box that Luke had given him.

"Hey, Percy?" Noa caught his attention, making the three look back and see she'd stopped a few feet away. "Watch this."

Annabeth and Grover wondered why she only stopped to get Percy's attention. Noa looked up in the forest and whistled a little tune, a melody that was rather frightening but when the birds repeated it back to her, it was beautiful. Percy watched as she removed her red gloves as they dropped to the forest floor, her hand up reaching as a brown bird glided into her palm. "I've heard that tune before. What is it?"

"At camp. I did it your first night there after dinner." Percy frowned his eyebrows as the bird began to turn blue, speeks of gold within its wings and a few flower patterns coating it changed feather color. "Woah....how did you do that?"

She walked over and carful placed the bird on his shoulder, making sure her hands hadn't touched him. Thought, it didn't stay long before it flew away. "Another gift from my mother."

She went back to get her gloved off the ground. "When I touch things, regardless of their beauty before hand, it causes them to enhance their appearance to the naked eye."

"Do all Aphrodite kids have that?" he asked, not remembering seeing anyone else at camp with the gloves. "That's why you wear the gloves?"

"No, they don't. Not yet, anyways. Aphrodite gave us all one special gift, some just a little harder to unlock." Noa walked back his way, walking between him and Grover. "What was this about a phone?"

"Yeah, what do we need a phone for?" Annabeth questioned from the front, leading the group.

"So we can call camp." he answered her in an obvious tone. "T-to get help."

"We don't need help. We're fine." Annabeth shrugged, entirely unbothered.

Percy scoffed. Noa and Grover shared a look. "We're fine? We haven't even gotten to Trenton, and we're wandering through a forest. I didn't even know they had forest in New Jersey, but we've found one. I would say we're the opposite of fine."

"We were sent on a quest by the Oracle, by the gods. What'd you think, it would be easy?" she snapped back at him, thought didn't spare a glance backwards. "It's supposed to be hard. That's why only certain people are chosen. If we call camp, we're basically saying it was a mistake to choose us."