iii.chapter three

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

"The Oracle has confirmed what we expected

"The Oracle has confirmed what we expected." Chiron spoke as camp all gathered in a circle, Percy and his new found feelings of having a father by his side. "-that this quest will proceed toward the Underworld, where you will confront the god who has rebelled against his brothers. Hades. The entrance to Hades domain lies under the city of Los Angeles. This is where you will journey to. Time is short. I have selected our most compelling candidates, from which you will chose three to join you on this quest and ensure that we succeed-"

"Annabeth." Percy spoke immediately, cutting Chiron short as they all looked toward the Chase girl. Noa was filming the entire thing, smiling slightly as she zoomed in on Annabeths face. The look in her eye, the resting fighting smile that was approaching her lips.

"Customarily, one wants to at least hear a name or two before choosing." Chiron mumbled to Percy, clearly having his own pick of the litter. "Are you sure you don't want to hear more?"

"This thing, Zeus's master bolt, we need to get it back, right?" he looked up at him. "And it's going to be hard to get, yes?"

"Extraordinarily." Chiron winced in return.

"And if the mission requires someone to push me down a flight of stairs for it to succeed...you'd want someone who won't hesitate when they do it." Percy confirmed his pick and why Chiron should trust his judgment, Noa was thrilled to have gotten this full conversation on camera. "And, if and when this goes bad, we're gonna need proof of everything that happened. Especially when coming back and warning everyone on what we saw."

"I suppose." Chiron nodded, though he knew exactly where this was going.

"Meaning I'm gonna need a video camera and someone who knows how to work it." Percy looked at Noa, she saw his gaze through her camera lenses and immediately looked up with wide eyes. "So, I pick Noa too."

"What about Half-Blood Daily?"

"Grover!" Noa cheered as she walked up the hill, seeing the boys near the top. "Grover!"

"What is she saying?" Percy frowned his eyebrows together.

"I think she's saying it's over." Grover gave him a worried look. "Is she backing out of the quest?"

"Grover!" she yelled again, getting closer, swinging her hands around.

"Oh! She's saying me." he waved back quickly with a wide smile. "Hi Noa!"

"You were the third pick? I figured it was gonna be you." she huffed while making it up the way, hoisting her two bags and camera footage. "Push my glasses up."

Grover pushed her heart shaped glasses off her eyes and ontop of her head. She grinned, Percy gave her a strange look. "Why do you have so much stuff?"

"Are you kidding? I don't." she collapsed onto her knees, dropping everything with her as she unzipped her first bag. "Change of clothes and an extra pair of shoes if these happen to break, my own pillow, and my red lipstick. A few potions if we need them."