xiv.chapter fourteen

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

"Grover, hurry up." Annabeth encouraged him quickly, his scared eyes looking around. Noa hadn't noticed due to looking around herself, the dark and foggy place the epiphany of the underworld. A horrible feeling weighed in on her, like she was sinking.

"Is that a pimple?" Percy's question caught her attention.

Noa whipped her head his way, seeing he was staring right as her. "Excuse me?"

"You have a pimple." he shoved a finger at her face. "Since when do you get pimples?"

"Since when do you not know manners, child?" she shot back as him, removing her glove. "Point again."

"Oh, I thought I needed manners." he mocked her.

Noa gave him a stupid look. "Your blackheads and crooked toes overpower my pimple."

"Speak about manners." he rolled his eyes.

"I'm older." she once again matched his tone.

"Guys." Annabeth snapped at them, a look of disbelief across her face. "Seriously?"

"I didn't even notice it." Grover spoke up as Noa put her finger to where Percy pointed, the power in her touch making it dissolve into her face. "You really have never been down here?"

"Never." she shook her head as they hid behind the bolder together, Percy and Annabeth on the other side. "Really wish I never had to, either."

"Not in Kansas." Percy mumbled under his breath, barely above a whisper.

"Hey, focus." Annabeth rose her eyebrows his way. "We left Kansas four days ago."

"Yeah, no, that's not-" he stated, stumbling over his words but realizing all three of them were confused. "Never mind."

"Guys." Grover got their attention again, slowly squeezing his squeak ball. "Is that who I think it is?"

Noa followed his gaze, looking out at the line of ghost walking within the shadows of the underworld. Grover's ball squeaked over and over, Noa worried it would grab attention as she reached over and placed her hand ontop of his. He put his free hand over the one she had clasped over him. "Charon."

"The boatman." Annabeth further explained. "Taking new arrivals across the River Styx. Which means that over there is the main gate. Let's go. Maybe we can get there first."

"Yeah." Grover agreed as he stood up with Noa's hand clasped within both of his. It was funny, really. She reached over to hold his first, yet he ended up being the one to hold onto hers instead.

He let her go and squeezed the ball over and over again. Annabeth held her hand out. "Why don't you let me hang on to that for now."

Grover passed it her way with a bashful smile. Noa grinned slightly as she out reached her hand again with a wave of her fingers, Grover latched onto her hand tightly as she lead the group toward the line of people. She exhaled half way and stopped, clutching her heart. The group gave a worried look, Annabeth looked at her strange. "Noa, you okay?"