xv.chapter fifteen

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

Grover carried Percy up to the cliff first before going back down for Noa, bringing her to the top and setting her down gently

"Annabeth!" Percy called out when they heard her wince, Ceberuses' paws stomping around. Noa looked over the side frantically, her eyes darting around for some type of movement or sign of her friend. She jumped back quickly when the red bell came flying up, Percy grabbed ahold of it as the trio stared.

Noa swore her soul left her body when the three headed dog jumped high for the ball, revealing himself from the foggy shadows. Grover grabbed ahold of Noa in a frantic panic as she pulled Percy with her.

"Guys?" Annabeth questioned, the three running to the ledge where they saw her holding on.

"Annabeth!" Noa smiled widely down at her. "Just hanging out?"

"Is it really the time?" the Chase girl questioned.

"Maybe not." Noa backtracked her words, helping Percy pull her up as the four collapsed onto one another in a minor group hug. Noa's face lit up as she shut her eyes at the large embrace.

"Excuse me." Annabeth backed off some, walking to the edge once more. Percy joined her side immediately, Noa watched the pair before looking back at Grover. He'd still been slimy and smelt of puppy breath, but he smiled at her with the soft eyes she felt like maybe she could stare at forever. Noa gave him a soft smile back, pulling her bag off and finding her camera. "Tell the camera what it was like being eaten by a three headed dog."

"Dark...and slimy." he exhaled, rubbing the gunk off his arms. "But, his teeth were pretty white for a dog from hell."

"Well, you've never looked better." Noa joked, shutting the camera off and looking back at Percy and Annabeth. She chunked the ball off into the distance to keep the dog far away from them, his feet echoing away.

"Wow!" Grover exclaimed. "That was really...I mean, how did you-"

"My father had a dog when I was little," she explained, Noa took a few photos with her necklace at the depths of hell. "I guess I remember the tricks."

"Oh, wow. Look at that." Percy's voice caught their attention, all looking back. Noa dropped her necklace as it smacked her chest, looking out at the view her brother was talking about.

"Hades palace." Annabeth confirmed at the sighting. "That's where he'll be keeping the master bolt. And your mom."

"Hope you're up for a little family reunion." Noa nudged Percy with an exhale of defeat. "Don't worry....they hate us all the same."