ix.chapter nine

⋰☆✄♘➶⋱
【𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐠𝐬】
ᵍʳᵒᵛᵉʳ❦ⁿᵒᵃ

"We aren't going to be able to outrun them for very long

"We aren't going to be able to outrun them for very long." Grover walked with his faint limp, keeping up with the remaining trio perfectly fine.

"We don't need to. We just need a safe place to hole up." Annabeth further explained.

"Some place safe." Percy confirmed.

"That should be easy." Noa agreed, hobbling around as she attempted to switch shoes. Her red combat boots were far from running shoes, switching mid walk. "The crime rate in St.Louis is 87 per 1,000 residents."

"Oh yeah?" Percy rose his eyebrows. "And what about when it comes to monsters coming after us?"

"How should I know?" Noa stopped to get the rest of her shoe on, Grover unzipped his bag and held it open so she could drop the red boots in. "If I had to guess....I'd say four per four residents."

"Guys, let's not think this way." Grover tried to uplift Noa's attitude, the two catching up with Annabeth and Percy once again.

"Any ideas where we might find one of these safe places?" Percy clearly hadn't known his way around St.Louis, nor did the rest of them.

"I do." Annabeth spoke confidently. "A sanctuary, dedicated to Athena, built by one of her demigod children a long time ago."

"Lovely guy." Noa spoke confidently. "My most recent smooch."

"What?" Grover gaped, looking over with wide eyes. "What? The one who built-"

"Ninety years ago." Noa cut him off. "Don't even remember his name. He's dead now."

"You kissed one of my mother's children?" Annabeth rose her eyebrows her way.

"I've kissed multiple of your mother's children." Noa shrugged, she kept walking as the trio froze. She looked back, a few feet away as they stared at her.

Noa realized the judgment that was coming from the three of them, all for different reasons. "Let me remind everyone here I'm a thousand years old! The average person, who lives for 79 years, kisses 21 people in their life span. That's-"

"Have you kissed 265.65 people?" Grover gaped in shock.

"Quick math, Grover. Impressive." Noa smiled at him, completely unbothered by the way his jaw had been on the floor. "You can't really kissed .65 of a person, though."

"How many are related to me?" Annabeth gave her a questionable look.

"Don't worry, Annabeth." Noa turned back around, walking toward the entrance. "Only a handful."

"I-" she began.

"There is an Athenian temple hidden somewhere in the middle of downtown St.Louis?" Grover cut in quickly to remind everyone of their original topic.