chapter four

"They don't love each other," Andrea stated, her voice filled with certainty. Her words hung in the air, causing zen and sofia to exchange confused glances, their brows furrowed in disbelief.

"What are you saying, mother?" Sofia's voice trembled slightly, her eyes searching for any sign of explanation. "They both looked so in love earlier..."

A smug smirk formed on Andrea's lips as she interrupted Sofia, her voice dripping with condescension.

"This is why I say you're dumb," she sneered, her words cutting through the silence like a sharp blade.

Sofia fell silent, her shoulders slumped, her eyes downcast, unable to find a retort.

Zen, ever the observant one, interjected, his voice filled with curiosity. "There was something off when you asked about an heir, mother," he pointed out, his eyes searching for answers.

He couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to this situation than met the eye.

Andrea's gaze hardened, her determination shining through. "They're putting on a show," she stated, her voice filled with conviction. "Y/n's reaction, it was all an act. I saw it, clear as day."

Zen's curiosity grew, his gaze fixed on his mother. "What do you plan on doing next, mother?" His voice was laced with anticipation, eager to uncover the next move in this intricate game.

Andrea's eyes darted towards the door as a knock echoed through the room. Her attention shifted, her expression momentarily distracted.

"Come in," she commanded, her voice tinged with authority. The door creaked open, and a timid maid stepped inside, her eyes avoiding direct contact with Andrea.

"The young master and lady are preparing to leave," the maid announced, her voice trembling with nervousness. "They request your presence to bid them farewell."

Sofia rolled her eyes in frustration, her annoyance palpable. Andrea, on the other hand, rose from her seat, her stoic expression transforming into a mask of warmth. A false smile stretched across her face, concealing her true intentions. "We'll be there shortly," she replied, her voice oozing false sincerity.

[Meanwhile]:

Y/n and Jungkook sat side by side on a plush, cream-colored couch in the elegant living room. The atmosphere was heavy with unspoken words, as if the silence itself held the weight of the world.

Y/n's remained fixed on the intricate patterns of the persian rug beneath their feet, her thoughts swirling like a tempest in her mind. Her fingers nervously traced the edge of a throw pillow. Jungkook, on the other hand, sat with a slight lean, his eyes avoiding direct contact with his Grandfather.

"Y/n, I have heard that you've always been into business. Is this true?"

Breaking the silence, Grandfather's voice cut through the tension, causing Y/n and Jungkook to look up at him. Her expression registered surprise as she processed Grandfather's words. She had never expected him to know about her interest in business. Jungkook, too, was taken aback, realizing for the first time the depth of y/n's passion for this field.

"Yeah," Y/n replied, her voice tinged with a hint of hesitation. She hadn't anticipated this conversation taking such a turn.

Her mind raced, with certain thoughts. Grandfather's smile widened as he continued, "Then how about joining the Jeon corporation? I would love to see you pursue your dreams."

Y/n's eyes parted in surprise, her eyes widening as she absorbed the unexpected offer. Her breath caught in her throat, her mind racing to comprehend the magnitude of the opportunity before her. It was as if time had frozen, every fiber of her being focused on the words that had been spoken.