chapter seventeen

-[Y/n's pov]:

"I want to have a talk with her. You all can take your leaves."

"What is he doing?" I thought to myself as Jungkook made an unexpected announcement, leaving me in shock. I wondered what he was trying to do. Something is wrong. Is he here to burst out on me for not replying to his text? Can that be the case?

"Everyone get back to work!!" Ms. Choi's voice interrupted my thoughts, calling everyone back to work. I looked around and saw that my coworkers had already begun to return to the department as per Ms. Choi's command. No...don't leave me alone with him. I had an urge to join them.

As the lobby cleared, the air seemed to thicken with tension, my attention shifting back towards Jungkook who stood beside me, his gaze fixated on me, unwavering. His presence felt magnetic, pulling me in despite the confusion and anxiety swirling within me.

"Follow me," he commanded, his voice cutting through the haze of my thoughts, and without hesitation, he began to stride forward. My mind raced, struggling to grasp the situation unfolding before me. Follow him where? What is this man up to? Whatever it is for now all I can do is do as he says.

Just as I was about to obediently trail after him, a familiar voice interrupted my thoughts. Ms. Choi materialized beside me, her words a whisper meant only for my ears.

"Y/n, make a good impression in front of him," she urged, her tone laced with a sense of urgency. A good impression in front of him? The thought itself was sarcastic enough. Wouldn't he eat me alive even if I tried? Unable to understand what to say to her. I offered her a small nod.

But also I couldn't get rid of the thought of what brought him here and what he wanted to talk to me about. Uncertainty knotted in my stomach, before turning to follow Jungkook's lead.

-#[A few minutes later]:

I stepped into the room, finding Jungkook seated comfortably on the plush couch, his posture relaxed yet commanding. His eyes flickered towards me as I approached, sending a shiver down my spine.

"What do you-" I began, only to be abruptly cut off by his request.

"Can you get me some water first?" he interjected, his words leaving me momentarily speechless. With a resigned sigh, I nodded, silently acknowledging his demand.

Without further ado, I retraced my steps, exiting the room to fulfill his request. Minutes later, I returned, a tray containing a jug of water and a glass in hand.

Setting the tray down on the glass desk before him, I stood before Jungkook, waiting for further instructions. For a fleeting moment, silence enveloped us, his intense gaze seemingly dissecting my every move.

"Now what does he want?" I pondered inwardly, frustration bubbling beneath the surface as I arched an eyebrow in question.

"Do I have to pour water for myself?" he inquired, his words dripping with a hint of condescension, igniting a spark of annoyance within me.

Oh, absolutely not! I'm sure 100 fairies are eagerly waiting to descend down to earth and pour you a glass of water. Because, you know, that's a totally reasonable expectation.

Suppressing the urge to retort, I poured him a glass of water, the liquid cascading effortlessly into the glass. Handing it over to him, I watched as he took a sip before abruptly setting the glass back down, his actions left me perplexed. Not able to understand what happened all of a sudden I stared at him blankly for a while.

"This water is too cold for me," he remarked, his gaze meeting mine. Too cold? But it was not really that cold...maybe I made a mistake. I swiftly picked up the tray and headed out of the room.