chapter five

[Author’s pov]:

Y/n's brows furrowed deeply, knitting together like storm clouds gathering on a gloomy day, as she locked eyes with the woman.

There was a palpable tension in the air, as if the very atmosphere crackled with the electricity of their confrontation.

The woman's lips curled into a snicker, her arms crossing defiantly across her chest, as if she relished the opportunity to provoke Y/n further.

"What's your problem?" Y/n's voice dripped with a mixture of frustration and disbelief, each word laced with an undercurrent of displeasure that couldn't be ignored. 

The woman's snide smile widened, her eyes fixated on Y/n's face. "Your eyes should be lowered when you talk to me," she instructed. 

Y/n's brows crashed together like two powerful waves colliding, the lines on her forehead etching deep furrows as her mind tried to comprehend the woman's audacity.

It was as if she had been blindsided by an unexpected blow, her thoughts swirling in a whirlwind of confusion and indignation.

Just as the tension reached its peak, the security guard entered the room, drawing everyone's attention. The woman wasted no time, gesturing towards Y/n and commanding the guard, "Here you come. Show this lady her way out of this place."

The guard, respectful and efficient, bowed slightly towards the woman and then turned his gaze towards Y/n. In an instant, his demeanor changed, his eyes turning cold as he stood beside Y/n. He spoke with a stern tone, "Follow me out, or else I'll have to force you."

Y/n couldn't help but let a sarcastic smirk escape her lips at the guard's threat. The unexpected reaction caught the attention of every employee in the room, causing whispers and gossip to ripple through the air.

Without wasting a moment, Y/n reached into her pocket and pulled out her office ID, the one Jungkook had handed her. She held it up for the guard to see, her voice firm and confident, "I am an employee here. I don't think the president will be too happy to know that his employees are thrown out of the office building for absolutely no reason.”

As the security guard took a closer look at Y/n's ID, the woman standing behind him furrowed her brows, clearly about to say something. However, her words were cut off by a deep and authoritative voice that resonated through the room. "What's going on over here, Ms. Nora?"

All eyes, including Y/n's, shifted towards the source of the voice, and there stood Axel, Jungkook's secretary, watching the scene unfold from a distance. 

“Mr. Axel..”

Nora mumbled his name in a low tone, her nervousness evident as she gulped at his presence. Axel adjusted his glasses and made his way towards their direction, his presence commanding attention.

"What brings you here at your duty time?" Axel questioned, his gaze shifting between Nora and the security guard. The guard quickly answered, explaining that Nora had claimed Y/n entered the office building without permission. But before he could finish his statement, Axel raised his palm, signaling him to stop.

Axel then turned his attention to Y/n, a pleasant smile forming on his face as he started to address her. 

“Mrs. Jeo—” 

However, he was interrupted by the expression on Y/n's face, which silently conveyed for him to stop. Adjusting his approach, Axel asked, "I mean Ms. Park, have you met with your manager yet?" He tried to maintain a professional demeanor, holding back his smile.

[Note: Alex is Jungkook’s secretary so he knows y/n is Jungkook’s wife. Aka. Mrs. Jeon. He is also aware that they are hiding their relationship from the world. And as a good and loyal employee, he will be shown doing whatever his “boss” aka. Jungkook asks him to do. However, in this scene he got overly excited seeing y/n and was about to address her as Mrs. Jeon but got interrupted by y/n midway.]