chapter six

"How about you get me a cup of coffee first?" Nora asked, cutting my sentence short. My eyebrow arched in incredulity as I looked at Nora. "A cup of coffee?" I questioned, my tone laced with a hint of skepticism. Nora, her attention still fixated on the laptop before her, replied, "With less sugar."

My grip tightened on the documents I held, my frustration simmering beneath the surface. I took a moment to compose myself, reminding myself not to let this second tune encounter with Nora ruin my first day at work even more.

"Y/n, it's your first day, and it seems like it's already been tainted by the morning encounter. Don't let it happen again," I whispered to myself, my voice filled with determination. I knew that Nora's actions were likely intentional, an attempt to provoke me. I refused to fall into her trap. With a deep breath, I turned to leave, but before I could make my escape, Nora called out once more.

"Leave those documents here before leaving," Nora commanded, gesturing towards her desk. I complied, placing the papers on the desk with a mixture of resignation and defiance.

[End of y/n's pov]

[Author's pov]:

As y/n walked away and closed the door behind her, Nora's smirk revealed her true intentions. "I'll make you regret joining this company for sure," Nora muttered, her lips curling into a sinister smile. But little did she know, Y/n was determined to rise above the challenges and prove her worth, no matter what obstacles Nora threw her way.

A few minutes later:

As y/n entered Nora's cabin with a cup of hot coffee in her hands, she stood beside Nora and stretched her hand out, offering the coffee to her. Nora, who was engrossed in her laptop, extended her hand to take the coffee. However, in a sudden turn of events, the cup slipped from Nora's hand and fell to the ground, spilling coffee everywhere.

Reacting quickly, y/n stepped back to avoid getting burned, while Nora stood up from her seat. Confused, Nora asked, "What are you doing? Are you trying to burn me with hot coffee?" She grabbed tissues from the desk and started wiping off the coffee that had spilled on her hand.

Feeling defensive, y/n took a stand for herself. "It's not my fault. The cup slipped from your hand," y/n replied, her brows furrowing. Nora scoffed in response, questioning, "Are you blaming me now? Are you saying I was trying to burn myself on purpose?"

Realizing her mistake, y/n stuttered, "No, I mean... It was probably just an accident."

Interrupting their exchange, Nora pointed towards a pile of documents on the desk and instructed, "Take those documents. I need them done by this afternoon." Y/n's eyes widened in shock at the sight of so many files.

"How can I finish them all by this afternoon?" y/n exclaimed, feeling overwhelmed.

Nora's tone turned stern as she retorted, "Can't you even do that now? Aren't you here for work? Then you should be doing the work allotted to you like others do, without complaining about it."

As the tension in the room grew, y/n took a deep breath and mustered the courage to take a step forward towards the desk. With determination in her eyes, she reached out and picked up the stack of files, feeling their weight in her hands.

Without uttering a word of complaint, y/n turned around, ready to leave Nora's cabin. A subtle smirk formed on Nora's lips, her head slightly tilted to the side as she observed y/n's silent departure.

Later, as y/n returned to her own desk, she gently placed the files down, their presence a reminder of the task at hand. A heavy sigh escaped her lips as she sank into her seat, staring at the overwhelming pile of files before her.