chapter fifteen

Shit…

Shit…

shit!! 

Someone just to make me feel a little better and less embarrassed says it's not Jungkook even when I know it's him. 

What should I do…? Turn around to face him or just stay in my place and pretend to be one of the furniture in his room? 

Take a deep breath y/n, and TAKE A DEEP, A VERY DEEP BREATH. Everything is alright. You are not a robber. You are just here to get your book back. That’s it. Nothing more. Not at all. 

Taking a deep breath, I slowly turned around on my heels, concealing the book discreetly behind my back. I don’t even know why I am hiding the book from him like it’s my book not his but the best choice right now is hiding it. What if he reads it? I can’t even imagine that happening. 

What will he think if he gets to know I read such books…? I involuntarily gulped just at the thought of it. 

The room seemed to hold its breath as I turned around, anticipation tingling in the air. However, as my gaze met Jungkook’s, my eyes widened in surprise. 

There he stood, just emerged from the bathroom, a towel snugly wrapped around his waist. The soft glow of the room light accentuated the dampness in his raven hair, droplets of water trailing down his neck and chest. 

The definition of his perfectly toned body was on display, creating an unintentional showcase of his sculpted physique. 

His arms were casually crossed, and his expression remained stoic, a straight look fixed upon me. Time seemed to pause for an eternal moment as my eyes remained fixated on him. 

In the dimly lit room, his perfectly chiseled body stood like a sculpture carved by the hands of a master artist. The play of shadows accentuated every muscle, drawing my gaze inescapably towards him. My eyes traced the defined lines of his abdomen, the rippling sinews captivating my attention as I unconsciously gulped. 

And the only thought that crossed my mind was: Damn. 

Lost in my involuntary scrutiny, his voice suddenly cut through the silence, shattering the spell. “How long are you planning on staring at my body?” he questioned, the warmth of his words breaking the ice between us. 

Startled, I snapped back to reality, and glanced up at his face, our eyes met, and he looked at me with his head tilted a bit to the side, and for absolutely no reason my heart skipped a beat. 

Tearing my eyes away, I looked away from him, feeling a flush of embarrassment over me. I hadn’t realized how shamelessly I had been staring at his abs and I am pretty sure he noticed that. Why am I like this? 

But it’s not my fault anyone who would have been in my place would do the same. What’s the use of having such a perfect body if others can’t look at it, can’t appreciate it? 

What the hell am I thinking again? Was I just drooling over this ice cube? How many times have I had to remind you to get a grip of yourself, park y/n? How many times??!! He is just an ice cube, and I park y/n forbid you to drool over him. 

Internally regretting my lack of control, I averted my gaze, attempting to compose myself. The awkwardness hung in the air, and just as I mustered the courage to say something, I noticed him making his way towards me. 

Panic set in as I questioned his approach — why was he coming near? Is he going to throw me out? Will he do that? No..no he can’t be that heartless, right? He is known as a gentleman by the world of course a gentleman won’t treat a lady this way or would he? But then again there is no one here to watch him…so..what if…