chapter eight

- [Y/n's pov]:

"Me?" I stared at Ella who was standing at the door in confusion. "Why is he asking for me? Did I make any mistakes?" Lots of thoughts started playing inside my head.

"Y/n, let's get going?" Ella inquired, interrupting my thoughts. I gave her a small nod in agreement as I made my way out of the door. I could feel Nora's gaze lingering on me this entire time.

///

I cautiously entered Jungkook's cabin, the door creaked softly as it swung open. The room was bathed in a warm, golden glow from the sunlight streaming through the large windows behind Jungkook's desk. My eyes immediately found sight of him, sitting at his sleek desk, engrossed in his work.

The air was filled with the faint sound of papers shuffling and the scratch of his pen against the documents.

I took a deep breath as I took in his sight. Why am I being called here? I don't remember offending him in any way. Don't tell me he is still angry because of what happened yesterday night. I have never seen such a short-tempered man like him before. I wouldn't even be surprised if I ever get to see this man getting angry at a laptop for not working, and blaming it for being too stubborn.

I can already imagine him saying this to me : "What were you expecting by holding my hand last night? Didn't I ask you to stay away from me?" ugh whatever it is. I am ready for it. Finish it fast and let me go out so I don't have to see your face for too long.

"Sir, did you call me?" I asked, my voice tinged with a hint of uncertainty.

Jungkook finally tilted his head up, his eyes meeting mine. With a stern look on his face, he placed the pen down beside the desk and closed the files. His gaze lingered on me for a moment before I finally decided to speak up again.

"How can I help you-" I began, but before I could complete my statement, he interrupted me midway.

"It's going to be lunch break in 5 minutes," he said, his voice calm yet filled with a hint of anticipation, making me wonder what he meant by that.

I mean I know it's going to be lunch break. Did he ask me to come here only to remind me of that?

I furrowed my brows in confusion, as I tried to process his words. As if reading my thoughts, he stood up from his seat and gracefully moved towards the plush couch placed in the corner of his luxurious cabin.

My gaze followed his figure, captivated by his effortless movements. He took a seat on the soft cushions, his eyes never leaving me.

Finally, his gaze met mine once again, and he extended an unexpected invitation. "Join me for lunch," he said. I froze on the spot, my mind racing to comprehend the situation.

What did he say..? Did I hear him, right?

"Lunch with you?" I asked, just to reassure myself as I looked at him with a mixture of confusion and shock.

I must have misheard him. He must have said something else. Something that he usually says like "Mind your business" and "Get out" Yeah...it might be something like that. It's impossible for him to treat me so well.

As usual, he didn't bother replying to my question, instead, he started to uncover the plates of mouthwatering dishes placed before him on the elegant glass table.

My eyes widened at the sight of the delectable food, and my stomach grumbled in response. I quickly shook my head, reminding myself to maintain my composure.

Don't let food distract you, y/n. DON'T LET THE FOOD DISTRACT YOU. I reminded myself.

"Sir, actually-" I began, but my words were once again interrupted by his commanding presence.