chapter thirteen

-[Jungkook's pov]:

A gasp escaped her lips as she sat back in the passenger's seat again.

"What are you doing?" She raised a question at my action, shifting her gaze back towards me.

"What am I doing?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her, giving her a subtle hint.

Yet, She again gave me a confused look, completely unaware of how her actions and words were influencing me.

"What are you talking about?" wrinkles formed on her forehead, as if she was trying to get a grasp of my words.

I sometimes wonder if she just pretends to not know what I mean.

Frustration hung heavy in the air as I clenched my jaws, my eyes fixed on y/n in the passenger's seat. Leaning in closer I reduced the distance between us, my presence intensified and her eyes widened, while I continued to hold onto her hand. Without any second thought, I pulled her in closer, our lips were now just inches apart.

The tension in the moment became more palpable, as I gazed into her brown eyes which were reflecting uncertainty. While still gripping her hand, I decided to break the ice and asked, "Is it what I think?" And in response to my question, a confused furrow appeared on her forehead again.

"Jungkook, let go of my hand..." she uttered, her tone low as she struggled a little to get her hand out of my grip.

And when I heard that, unintentionally, my hold on her wrist only tightened. Is she purposefully tossing the question? So what I thought was right? Is that other man so much better than me that she is not even willing to answer my questions now? If you get the chance will you go to him, y/n?

And with every passing second, my grip only stiffened. It was as if some invisible force urged me to keep her close, afraid she might slip away. I was not capable of understanding what was happening to me and why I was getting pulled towards her, just like a magnet.

That was until a slight hiss escaped her lips causing me to snap out of my thoughts and draw my attention downwards towards her hand. Realization struck me and I loosened my grip over her, revealing a red mark on her wrist.

This...what is wrong with me?! Did I hurt her...I fvcked up again.

Concern furrowed my brows as I quickly stretched my hand towards hers, intending to check for any harm. But before I could, she pulled her hand back, meeting my gaze with pure anger.

"What is your problem, Jeon Jungkook?!"

Her words hung in the air, as I stared back at her utter silence. "Why do you keep on doing things that you shouldn't be doing?" she added and I still couldn't help but stay quiet. I could tell she was pissed, a lot more than she has ever been.

"You know what? I am done with you. I am so done with you. Can't you just let me live a peaceful life?! Can't you just leave me alone for a while?! First, you kept on reminding me that "we are just a couple in name" and I agree with it. I knew we were only a couple in name so I never argued with you over it. I also know that there is no love in between us and honestly what you are doing right now is more and more confusing." she paused, let out a heavy sigh, and again looked back at me.

"Can you stop acting like you care?" she asked, looking into my eyes. "Can you stop interfering in my personal space? Can you stop with all this? I do not need your help and I do not need your pity. I know you might be doing all this because Grandpa might have instructed you to do so but trust me when I say that you don't have to do any of this. Grandpa is not here to watch us so let's just act like strangers. You are my boss here and I am your employee nothing more. So stop, just stop it all." She finally finished.