CHAPTER TWELVE

The next morning when I woke up, I realized that I had gone to sleep in his hoodie

The next morning when I woke up, I realized that I had gone to sleep in his hoodie. It was dark on the roof so I never really observed the jacket he made me wear. It was a grey-colored jacket with the university logo behind and the name on the front in red color. As if anyone would be unaware of that college. He must have paid a pretty heavy price for this.

I was about to do the typical movie girl cliche of sniffing the boy's hoodie when my mom called out to me from the kitchen. "Karishma! Planning to wake up anytime soon?"

Afraid that she would barge in through the unlocked door and catch me in the act, I quickly shove it under the bed and answer her, "Coming, Maa!"

Last night after his revelation, I about turned to face the lift doors, pressed the start button, and then for the closest floor. Got off and took the stairs to reach my flat.

While getting back to my room, I was not careful enough, my mind occupied with what he had just said when I knocked down a vase on the table. The clang sounded louder in the silent night. I grimaced as the light came on in my parents' room. With a single leap landed at the kitchen doorway, just in time for my mother to come out of the room. I made a drinking sign and sneaked into my room.

Thankfully her sleepy eyes missed my flushed face and slightly heavy breaths.

I took a full breath only once I was locked safely behind my door. My vibrating phone lit up the dark room. I picked up to face an onslaught of messages. Only one person ever texted me.

R- Did you understand by what I meant?

R- Maybe not. Otherwise, you would have blocked me by now

R- Or maybe you did understand and that's why you got off the lift midway.

R- It is not like I would have jumped on you, then and there. You were safe. I was okay with it being my dirty secret that I took to the grave. You forced it out of me.

R- Should I expect the police to show up at my doorstep? In that case, I won't brush my teeth. Hopefully, my terrible morning breath will spare my pretty face.

R- Great now you have made me also go into a tailspin. Your overthinking is contagious.

R- Can we pretend that I said that I took your name while I was asleep? That's much more innocent and less creepy.

R- Just forget it, please. Don't think of me as a pervert

R- Please don't stop talking to me. I don't think I can go without my daily Mini dose.

R- Was it funny? It sounded funny in my mind.

I replied to him, biting my lips. It was tempting to let him talk to himself for the rest of the night but that would be unkind. Besides that one slip of tonight, he had always been respectful and polite towards me. I could possibly give him a pass for once.