CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Nay, I can't stay any longer

"Nay, I can't stay any longer. I have a date."

That made him forget where he was and smash his head on the top shelve. I flinched. That must have hurt. "Say what?"

"That I can't stay and have a date?" I said slowly, bunching my eyebrows. Why was he shocked?

"With whom?" he demanded, rubbing the top of his head and shutting the door of the fridge. Oh, that was what had him interested.

Okay, the answer to that was a bit of a lackluster one. "It is with someone I was looking forward to."

"Spit it out woman, would you!"

I rolled my lips to hide the grin threatening to burst, enjoying the steam coming out of his ears. "I was thinking of watching a movie. Kal Ho Naa Ho. On my own. A solo date, if you will. This year is its twenty-fifth anniversary."

"Hmm," he grunted, walking back into the drawing room. "Watch it here then. I want to watch too."

"Did you forget that you have a headache?" I folded my arms and tried to appear stern.

"Oh, that old thing. I am used to it." He plopped down on his sofa, patting the spot next to him. "I have not seen that movie in a long time. Let's watch it together."

"Okay," I said tentatively, perching on the very edge of the sofa. "But promise that the moment it gets too much you will tell me."

"Yes, ma'am," he saluted comically and then pulled up the movie on his TV.

There was a reason I called watching this movie a date. I fell in love with it every time I watched it. Or rather with the charming Aman Mathur. Besides being played by Shah Rukh Khan, his jokes, silliness, teasings, and the swoony dialogues, made my heart flutter like crazy.

Aman fixing the Kapur family one problem at a time, making Naina smile, melt, dance, and sing. How can anyone watch that and not have a giddy smile on their face?

It was far fetching to expect an angel like him in real life but the movie was enough for me to smile the entire day. It melted a part of me. If I believed in God, I would have prayed for a miracle like him.

When I chortled at some of the jokes on the screen, Rishabh spoke up, "Now I know why you laugh at my poor jokes. Your sense of humor is broken. How can laugh at these lame jokes?"

"Who said I laughed at your jokes?" I raised my chin in a challenge. "I laugh at you."

"Cold, Ms.Jha. I got a frostbite." He slapped a hand to his chest before pretending to sob against the arm of the sofa.

He peeked open an eye to check if I was watching his theatrics. We shared a smile before continuing with the movie.

As the movie played on, I decided to give him another piece of me.