CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

My cab joined the long lines of cars dropping off passengers at the airport and parked alongside the curb

"I will go get a cart," I gestured behind me ducking down to look at the cab driver from the passenger window.

Though it wasn't even ten in the morning, the departure terminal of the airport was already bustling with commuters ready to leave the city.

"No, ma'am. I need to leave right now," he huffed with impatience, pulling the lever to unlock the trunk of the car.

"Wait a minute, please. I will come back soon," I requested in a pleading voice and rushed to get a trolley. And of course, with my luck, the one I got had a wobbly wheel. Cursing the fates I put the last remnants of my energy in pushing this defective cart.

Working late last night, I had overslept this morning, rushing out of the door without even having my breakfast.

Fainting would just be the rotten cherry on an already shitty day.

I wasn't able to put the suitcases in the luggage without his help, how was I supposed to take them out on my own?

But once I returned it was to my pile of suitcases sitting on the curb unattended, with no driver in sight. I cursed myself for paying the fare soon. My stuff could have been stolen.

"Hey, there!" An exuberant greeting reached my ears as I attempted. Turned around to see the grinning face of Rishabh just inches from mine. Of course, he was exhilarated. He had technically gotten away with kidnapping me.

"Here, let me help with that," He bent to place my bags on the trolley.

I was no longer upset about the broken trolley. Let him put all the extra effort into pushing it. Hopefully, in that way, he would have less energy to trouble me.

He stacked two of my large suitcases onto the trolley, his muscles flexing and bulging in a way that definitely didn't make me feel anything.

"You are good at this. If building houses don't work out, you can always become a coolie," I quipped sliding the smaller suitcase towards me.

Straightening, his lips twitched, stifling a smile. I was sure his dark shades hid his twinkling smile.

The fact that every attempt of mine to rile him up just managed to amuse him bugged me even more. Why did he get to have infinite amounts of humor and patience?

I followed him while he pushed the heavy trolley with an ease that had me cursing at Mother Nature. Would it have killed her to spare some strength and muscles for us women folk?

The view of his flexing broad shoulders didn't help matters though and I widened my gait to walk past him and stay ahead. But he caught up to me with little to no effort

"I want to apologize. For what I had said back in my office. I am sorry that I hurt you," That made me stop abruptly I was not expecting an apology. To be honest I wanted to forget about that day all over as I was not my best either. But then that regret vanished when he opened his mouth again with a conspiratorial wink. "This time I will make sure to leave some creases."