11

"Do you want to start with choosing a song from the two Ms. Lee gave us? She gave us 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran and 'All of Me' by John Legend. I love both... do you have a preference...?" Genie tilts her head at Damien and watches as his eyes light up... 

'All of Me' is a song I can play on the guitar, maybe we could include my playing in the choreography somehow? "Can we do the song by John Legend? I already have an idea for that one." Damien's eyes start to shine even more, causing Genie to smile and nod her head in agreement. 

"What did you have in mind?" Genie looks at him as his eyes move towards hers. Their eyes lock and he smiles brightly at her. Good lord, those icy blue eyes twinkling like stars and that beautiful smile. How am I going to get through this project without falling for this boy? I have to dance with him too, in front of the whole school at the summer formal. Her thoughts are interrupted when he starts to talk.

"Well, I know how to play that song on guitar. So, perhaps we could include that in some way?" He tilts his head, his eyes still not leaving hers. Her little smiles, those gorgeous green eyes. They just drag me deeper into this feeling I've had since I saw her. They both keep staring into each other's eyes, neither speaking. Damien comes to a sudden realization, his heart starting to beat faster. Shoot, I've fallen for her. 

______________

He breaks the eye contact first, his glance shifting to the snowy ground. He chuckles lightly and rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "Uhm, sorry. I dunno why I was staring." Liar. He clears his throat and glances back up as he sees Genie blink rapidly and shake her head a bit before a little smile appears on her face.

"It's alright, Damien. No need to apologize." Heck, I was staring longer than you were. She shakes her head again. "Play guitar in a dance choreography? How?" She tilts her head at Damien, curious. 

He grins. "I doubt any other people in class will do something like that, which would make our project more unique. I wouldn't play the entire time, obviously. Maybe play the first verse on guitar, then the music starts after." He tilts his head as well, glancing at her. 

He's not wrong, it would make our choreography a lot more unique. Genie nods, smiling again. "I think that's a great idea, actually. Unique choreos are one of my things. At least, that's what Ms. Lee says." She laughs before continuing. "I have some ideas for dance moves as well. Since it's a duet song, most would seem a bit..." Like we're a couple. "...uhm, couple-like? Is that okay with you?" Her gaze shifts to him, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

I mean, 'All of Me' is a love song, so it would make sense for a part or most of the choreography to look couple-like. Damien slowly nods his head. "That's alright with me. It's a love song, after all." He smiles shyly and he feels his ears heat up, causing him to pull the hood of his hoodie over his head to hide them. The hoodie doesn't hide his flushed face though. He looks down at the table, thinking. My face must be bright red right now. Dang it...

_______________

He's turning red, why? Is he embarrassed? Shy? Either way, it's cute. Genie smiles at him before taking out her phone and checking the time. Oh wow! It's already one in the afternoon. She puts her phone away and looks back at Damien. "Are you hungry?" He slightly nods his head. "I am too." Genie gets up and stretches before grabbing her bag, making sure everything is there before slinging it over her shoulder. "We can go to my house and have lunch there. We could also go to a cafe nearby or something. Anything is okay with me." She tilts her head in Damien's direction and smiles at him. 

He looks up, a little grin appearing as he stands up. "We can go to your house, since it's closer." And probably a lot more comfortable. Genie's smile widens and she walks over to Damien's side, taking his hand into hers. His eyes widen a bit at the sudden closeness, his heart rate picking up again. 

"Okay, my house it is." She flashes a smile and starts walking, Damien following beside her as he gazes down at their intertwined hands. He smiles and looks forward again. Our hands fit together perfectly. He steals a quick glance at Genie's face. She's still smiling and looks so happy. I wonder, does she have the same feelings I do?