15

"And at last, I see the light... And it's warm and real and bright. And the world has somehow shifted. All at once everything is different. Now that I see you..." Damien looks over at Genie, a bit shocked. Her voice is beautiful, wow.

I hope my voice didn't sound horrible. I'm not the best or strongest singer. Genie glances over at Damien and sees him staring at her in disbelief. "What's wrong?" She tilts her head, thinking. Shoot, I sounded like a dying cat. Slightly embarrassed, her gaze travels down to their still intertwined hands as she mumbles. "Sorry if I sounded like a screeching anim-"

"Oh, no no no. You didn't, love." Damien shakes his head vigorously. "Quite the opposite, actually." He whispers into her ear, a grin on his face. "Your voice is delicate, soft, and just..." Gorgeous. Angelic. "Beautiful." He kisses her cheek and pulls away before looking at her now blushing face.

Did he just call me love AND compliment my singing voice? Genie smiles a bit at his compliment and looks up into his sparkling blue eyes before asking something. "Love? What's with that?" She sees nothing but sincerity, warmth, and something else she can't quite place staring back into her own eyes. What is that third thing I see in those gorgeous icy eyes of yours?

_______________

Damien shyly smiles back at her, his ears turning red as he lets out a small laugh and looks away. I can't believe I called her that out loud. "It just, kinda... uhm, came out of my mouth without realizing it. I'm sorry." he slowly withdraws his hand from hers and runs it through his hair, slightly nervous now. 

Genie picks up on his nerves immediately. She gently places her hands on his cheeks and makes him face her. "Damien. It's okay. I'm not mad or anything like that." Quite the opposite, actually. His gaze shifts to her for a fraction of a second before he quickly looks away again, his eyes slowly closing.

Her touch is so relaxing yet electrifying. Calming but nerve-wracking. What are you doing to me, Genevieve Lovwren?

_______________

Genie takes her hands off his face and kisses his cheek. No response. "Damien?" she places her head to his chest, checking his heartrate. His heart is beating so fast right now. Before she can move away, he wraps his arms around her and pulls her closer. She puts her own arms around his waist; her ear right over his heart, listening as it starts to slow.

A few minutes later, his heartbeat goes back to normal. As his breathing starts to deepen, a small smile appears on Genie's lips. He fell asleep. Cute. She pulls her legs up onto the couch and snuggles closer to Damien, glancing up at his sleeping face. He looks so peaceful. She closes her eyes and quickly falls asleep as well.

_______________

Damien's eyes open. He groggily looks around, noticing a sleeping Genie snuggled against him. His eyes soften when they see her face. She's so beautiful. I hate to wake her up. He slowly unravels his arms from her small frame, causing her to stir a little before snuggling even closer to him.

Good lord, she's so adorable. He gets up from the couch and gently scoops her up into his arms, kissing her forehead.

_______________

Her eyes flutter open and she sleepily looks around the room, realizing that she's being held bridal style in Damien's arms. Why is he holding me like this? Not that I mind it... She looks questioningly at him and whispers. "I'm guessing you need to leave soon." 

Damien shakes his head and grins. "I don't need to, but I should." He sighs before speaking again. "Where's your room?" He hears her say something about second door on the left and starts heading up the stairs.

He stops in front of the door she specified turning the doorknob and walking over to the bed in the corner of the room. He gently sets her down and pulls the blankets over her body before kissing the top of her head.

"Good night, Genie." Damien notices that she's already fallen back asleep, her breathing steady. He smiles and lets out a small laugh. "Sleep well and sweet dreams, my love." He walks out of the room and quietly closes the door before going home, thoughts of everything that happened today going through his mind. His smile grows bigger as he lays in his own bed and closes his eyes, falling asleep again.