23

"I love you, Genevieve." Please, stay with me forever. Don't leave me behind.

Genie smiles a bit at his words before speaking. "I love you, too, Damien." she then tries to pull away from the hug, but his arms won't budge. If anything, his grip around her tightens a bit more. He's usually never this clingy, not that I mind it.

"Please, don't let me go." It's barely a whisper, filled with so much sadness that it makes Genie want to cry, tears starting to appear at the corners of her eyes. Damien's next words are barely audible. "Please, stay." Don't leave. Don't go.

She blinks a few times and the few teardrops that had formed fall, absorbed by the fabric of Damien's grey sweater. "I'm not going anywhere any time soon, Damien." she laughs a bit before continuing. "It's okay." he loosens his vice-like hold around her waist enough for her to look up at his face. Even when he's supposed to look a mess, he looks absolutely perfect.

The rims of his eyes are red from all the crying, and so are his cheeks, ears, his whole face. His hands move from Genie's waist to his face. Feeling how flushed his skin is, he quickly shakes his head and looks away, embarrassed. His long locks fall over his features, hiding them from view.

_______________

Genie pouts a little, reaching her hands up to push the hair out of his eyes. Those gorgeous blue eyes that shine like the coldest ice and yet hold so much warmth in them. In those shining orbs I see one of the most kind, caring, nurturing, loving souls that I have ever had the chance to meet in my life.

She moves her hands to his cheeks, slowly turning his head so he's facing her. He doesn't try to turn away, much to Genie's surprise. Damien's gaze shifts from her eyes to her lips and back again, a small smile gracing his features.

Genie's breath hitches for a second and her heart rate picks up, her light green eyes not leaving his. That smile, those eyes, everything. Everything about him is just so perfect. What did I do in life to deserve a soul so pure, so beautiful, so sweet? Whatever it was, I'm glad that it happened, because I don't know what I would do without him.

_______________

What would I do without your embrace to hold me together? What would I do without you here, with me? Damien's smile morphs into a grin, his eyes twinkling from the sheer amount of love and adoration that he feels for the girl in front of him.

He notices Genie's eyes travel down to look at his lips and then quickly move back to his own. She stares deeply into his eyes, like she's asking the question, "Can I kiss you?" Damien's grin disappears, replaced with a small one as he slowly nods his head and closes his eyes.

The kiss is filled with all the feelings that the both of them can't seem to voice out loud. Love, adoration, longing.

_______________

They both pull away after a few minutes, Damien gently putting his forehead to hers. "Can I... ask you something, Genevieve?" Both of them are still trying to catch their breath, their eyes still shut.

He feels her nod her head and moves back from her a little bit, opening his eyes in the process. He takes both of her small hands into his own, lightly squeezing them before letting out a breath that he didn't even know he was holding.

"I'll start by saying that I probably should have asked this months ago, seeing as it's a few weeks away from June and we've been practically 'dating' since January, but I just couldn't seem to find the right time to ask. Then I realized that... there's never truly a 'right time' for certain things to happen. Sometimes, the most perfect time, the most perfect place, is where you are in the moment."  Damien looks up into Genie's eyes, his own filled with sincerity, adoration, love.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Genie?"