Plan.

"Uh. Come again..." I said, intrigued by her straightforward attitude.

"I will marry you, Clark.

You returned my request for matrimonial priority with a proposal. Oh... you didn't understand the significance of what that was, did you?"

"No but, if it's that important to you, I'll keep to your customs despite my ignorance.

I promise.

So far, I do like you, for as little as I know about you.

That and the fact that you don't seem motivated by selfishness, greed or lust.

you're humble, straightforward, self assured and beautiful." She began crying as I said that.

"I'm beautiful? What about my ear?"

"Okay, you're a little lop-sided. So what?"

She laughed at my pun and hugged me. Her laughter turned into deep wracking sobs as she found the catharsis she desperately needed.

"Sorry that I'm not a rabbit, too." I said after she calmed down.

"Oh, no no no. Please do not ever apologize for being who and what you are.

I'll love you regardless, alright?"

"That sounds like a lucid dream that is unattainable.

I was, likewise, impressed that you seemed familiar with the door latches of my vehicle." I switched the subject to take my mind off of what my body wanted me to act on.

"Oh, well. Carriage handles are similar, though yours are a bit harder to pull.

Wait... I don't see a harness beam on the front."

"Harness beam?" I asked.

"Yeah, for horses."

"Oh, this vehicle has an engine that burns fuel to move through a mechanical selectable gearbox called a transaxle."

"You're seriously telling me that this is not just a vehicle but, a machine as well?"

"We can leave, right now, in fact." I was beginning to enjoy her company that much more.

"Alright." She said and pulled out a stick.

"What's that?" I asked as I put the key in and pressed the clutch.

"Self driving carriages require an enchantment to operate.

If you're thumping my tail about this vehicle, I can make it move regardless."

"You had magic in your world?"

"Yes and I take it you don't?" She asked.

"If I knew how to use magic, I wouldn't need this vehicle at all." I said, turning the key.

The engine came to life and she screamed and clung to me in fear.

"It's alright, Sylvia. That's the engine." I said, holding her.

"It's as loud as a mob of goros."

I reached back and grabbed my hat.

Putting it on her head, I asked if that was better and she nodded.

"What is this?" She asked, feeling the hat.

"Feral sheepskin."

"Oh. Good." She sighed.

When we got out onto the highway, I remembered something.

"You said one of your ears, earlier, and I admit to being immensely curious.