The Big Day.

I met with the retired soldiers as they arrived at the courthouse.

Oh the surprised gazes when we arrived and were asked for our names and reason for being there.

Matthew and Dhañalí were surprised that said soldiers arrived with gifts, as well as congratulations.

Yeah, come to find out that not too few of them were also dating morphs.

Hell, one of the retired Sea Bees arrived with the coyote woman who'd advised on Elkish Lop psychology.

I had a lot to thank Lillian for and hugged her when I said as much.

She laughed and said that she really just wanted to meet the human who'd married Sylvia.

Apparently, we were way past the point of being the subjects of conversation and morphs were seeking out human partners as there weren't any other morphs they truly found as interesting.

The Soldiers took up positions at the bottom of the steps leading to the courthouse.

Their federal IDs were updated a few days prior and they had full legal authority to act against any threat or unauthorized entry as the building was temporarily closed to the public for this.

Lillian stood ready with her staff and was dressed in a black jacket, a royal blue tunic and black loose fitted pants.

Her tail wagged as Roger Meinfelt (4 9 Miner) stepped up to stand at her side.

He's left-handed and she's right-handed, so they could still react, easily, while holding hands.

She leaned against him and I looked to the others.

There's only one entrance to the courthouse.

The eleven agents, with the addition of five morphs, stood ready for a fight.

Sylvia and I stood at the top of the steps.

My first move will be to engulf myself in blue flames before taking the dragon form.

Fortunately, none of it was necessary.

Matthew walked out with Dhañalí thirty minutes later and I teleported them home immediately.

When I went back, I thanked everyone and sat eleven stacks of five 24k gold one dollar face coins on a table.

"I greatly appreciate you guys helping." I said.

"No, man. We really appreciated the opportunity to be a part of this ceremony.

It gives me the courage to push things to the next step." Roger said.

He, then, turned to face Lillian.

"Lillian Garrett.

I love you and want to stand at your side for the rest of my life."

She began crying... tail wagging furiously... as he knelt down.

Holding a ring, he asked.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

Her face said it all.

One thing I can say is that she wears her emotions as clothing.

"Yes!" She sharply replied and everyone cheered.

Even her voice resembles a coyote's when she's emotional.

Her face is far more cute than a feral coyote's is.

More reminiscent of a fennec fox in the snout, with a softer appearance to the rest of her face.

If not for the unmistakable fur color and pattern, it would be difficult to tell her species.