Surprise!

We were sitting on the front steps when we heard the distant sound of an aircraft approaching.

Sylvia sighed and I helped her stand up.

In her gravid state, carrying six children, I refused to not help her.

Her sigh was annoyance at having to hide, not me helping her.

We went inside and sat on the sofa.

Despite this, though, a helicopter landed sixty yards from the house.

"Âfâr!" I shouted and we appeared in my remote cabin.

Helping Sylvia to sit down, I stroked her left ear.

"I'll be back, love." I said, kissing her forehead.

"There's no need." She said, tears streaming as she looked past me.

I turned to see two government agents.

They were seated at my table and stared at us in total disbelief.

I threw up a magic physical defense barrier

"We were told to come here in case you weren't at your main home.

We're not here to take her.

Here."

They remained seated and one slid a manilla folder, with "Sylvia" printed on it.

I dropped the barrier and picked it up.

Opening it, there was a US birth certificate and an unrestricted CDL in her name.

Only her name...

"She'll need to be properly taught how to operate a commercial vehicle in order to use that license, though, we have no reason to think she ever will.

How far along is the pregnancy and who is the father?" The woman asked.

"Four months of five and he's the father." Sylvia said, pointing at me with an annoyed expression.

"I also find it rude that you would ask who the father is when he's the only one here beside myself." She continued.

"I apologize for that and you're in no danger from us, however, please allow me to perform a proper prenatal checkup. I'm a specialist anthropomorphic nurse who has performed medical checkups on numerous other furs.

The rate at which your people have been arriving has spiked, astronomically and, since the Supreme Court ruling that exonerated all other-worldly arrivals, you're free to pursue your own life.

If you want, you can even formally marry Clark and it will be honored by the courts."

Our eyes met and I could see that she really wanted that. All of it.

The checkup and the formal ceremony.

"Alright. Say we listen. Can the checkup be performed in the field?"

"Of course. I was an emergency field nurse in the Marine Corps. I am special agent Sandra Marie Lambert." She said, still keeping both hands flat on the table.

"I am lieutenant Nathaniel Anthony Walther." The other said.

"She is an Elkish Lop. English Lop, if were going by this world's naming. Unless you're familiar with them..."

Sandra smiled and held up her hand.

"If that's true, then there is no need for a checkup unless you want one.

While I've not met one, other morphs have mentioned your kind, with prejudice, praise and/or jealousy.

I would like to know if it's true that you can safely birth children as large as twenty pounds without injury."