Dhañalí Storm

Whatever the humans of this world thought I'd be met with on a mission to investigate an Elkish Lop suspected of living as a slave, I knew better.

I was elated when I saw her.

Her husband opened the door and she was poised to attack, despite being between 4 and 4½ months pregnant.

Their pregnancies last 5 months in this world. That's only two and a half in our world.

I knew, on sight, that she was no slave.

Also, I more than likely would have been severely injured, if not killed, by her.

There may have been a little pride in my voice when reporting my findings to the human's HQ.

That pride being the "Told ya so, dumbass!" kind.

I'd told them, the day before, that it was utterly impossible to enslave an Elkish Lop irrelevant of any circumstances.

They said that, if she's not enslaved, I'll be exonerated as a legal citizen and free to my own devices.

Sure enough, from the 20K button camera photos taken when they opened the door, HQ had no cause to object.

The man stepped aside and anyone seeing her posture would know that she was fully prepared to kill.

I sent a slingshot drone, with the button camera, back to HQ after saving the photos to my personal device.

I got onto my fourwheeler and took off after seeing to them getting the envelope of reparation documents, gold and silver from their porch.

I headed down the trail and stopped by the waterfall they'd recommended.

It was relaxing and, of course, I got in.

"Heh! My seven foot eight tiger self, scared of a rabbit barely more than half my height! Ahhahahahaa!

I forgot what fear felt like, til then!

I'll have to think of a gift worth that much, at least!"

I shouted, splashing a bit from both amusement and annoyance.

I must have fallen asleep, because I awoke to the sound of an engine shutting off.

It was Clark, as I was told.

"Hey. You left before I got the chance to invite you in for a beef roast." He said.

"A beef roast?" I asked.

"You think I'd only offer a few dinky slices?" He grinned.

I lost it.

After getting control of my laughter, I growled.

"I'm honestly impressed. You're well informed for a human of this world.

The rabbit folk aren't as generous and charge higher prices because of our need of more food than them.

What gives?" I asked.

"My wife also wants to share a meal with you." He said.

I was genuinely taken aback by that tidbit.

"You're either a terrible liar, or she's not the average Lop.

Wait a minute.

Sylvia assimilated to human customs, didn't she?" I stated, more than asked.

"She told me about that. If it works the way she explained then, yes, she did." He confirmed.

"Okay. I'll be there in about two hours. It'll take at least that long to dry off."