Tea-time with the Feds.

*An hour and a half earlier.*

I was sitting on the porch when the federal police arrived.

I quickly enchanted a rock and flicked it away with my thumb.

They exited their vehicles and walked, face first, into the invisible barrier.

"Anything you want to say to me, you'll say right where you are." I said.

"Remove this thing. You're coming with us." One of the officers demanded.

"Why?" I asked.

"We have orders to take you into custody for evaluation." He said.

"Well, I apologize, but you're not going to be able to complete the orders.

You're awful bossy for someone with a bloody nose." I laughed.

Another officer pulled out a knapped amethyst blade and tried to stab the barrier.

The knife shattered and he then tried an obsidian blade...

It shattered, too.

"What are you hoping to accomplish by wasting expensive stone blades?" I asked.

"We were told that amethyst and obsidian are anti magic stones in the world of the furs." He said, nursing the gash in his hand.

"Well, of course they are... In their world, those two types of mana infused stones do negatively impact active spellcraft.

That said. Objects enchanted with spells aren't affected.

Were those blades infused, or did you really try to use dead stones?" I asked, resting my chin on my hand.

"We don't have access to a competent stone crafter who can infuse them." Another officer said.

"Right. Because their power is sorely reduced in this world.

You're looking at one of only two individuals who have enough power to do anything like that." I said.

"We know. That's one reason why we were told to detain you."

"Oh. Well, too bad. You'll just have to deal with it.

I'm not going anywhere. I'll agree to an evaluation but, only if it can be done here." I said, sleepily.

"Fortunately, I don't need to be awake for that barrier to remain in place and there's no way around, over or under it.

Good day."

I laid down and went to sleep.

Sylvia levitating me into the house pissed off the police but, try as they will, nothing can break that barrier without moving the enchanted rocks.

Since they look no different from any of the other rocks in the yard, there is no possibility that they'll be identified.

Especially not when I picked up and handled so many that aren't enchanted, in case they brought dogs...

*The night before*

"Clark. The federal police showed up here right after you left.

They were looking for you."

I thanked Dhañalí and we hung up.

*Presently*

I woke up from my nap to see Sylvia smiling and holding my hand.

"The police are still outside waiting.

There are also some people wearing suits." She said.

"More federal agents?" I asked.

"They said that they're here to perform the evaluation.

They have another elkish lop with them who says that he's here to monitor you during the evaluation."

Sylvia didn't look at all worried.

I walked out with Sophia on my shoulder and the other Elkish Lop, who was with the agents, stared in shock.

"Is that your daughter?" He asked.

"No, she's our pet... Of course she's our daughter!" I snapped.

"Well, please leave her inside. She doesn't need to be near you during the evaluation." He sneered.

Sophia squeaked and pointed at the male.

There was a bang, like someone firing a rifle, and the barrier absorbed the impact of the one inch diameter steel sphere that would have, otherwise, killed him.

He stood, eyes wide and in a cowering stance.

"Nevermind. I didn't know that she could wield magic yet." He quiveringly stated.

The two people in suits cleared their throats.

"Please remove the barrier." One said.

"If anyone tries anything, everyone dies." Sylvia said.

"We know. We're not going to try anything. It really is just an evaluation." The man said.

"If the rabbit buck tries anything, I'll turn him into a splat mark, got it?" I said, staring at him.

The rabbit threw his hands up.

"I won't do a damned thing! I swear it!" He shouted.

Turning to the two suits, he said.

"You're on your own. I'm not setting off a loose cannon."

"Hey, I'll know what you're doing if you monitor me.

It's fine." I said.

"No. I'm not doing anything to piss you off."

"Tell you what. You do what you came here for, I have two carrot pies that my wife can serve." I smiled.

"C-carrot?" He stammered.

"Babe!" Sylvia scolded, trying hard to not laugh.

"What? It's not a lie!" I said with my arms spread.

"I know but, still..." She said, laughing.

The two agents facepalmed and sighed.

"Can we just get this overnight? Charge as much raw power, within yourself, as you safely can." One said.

I took a fighting stance and focused.

"What now?" I asked.

"Cast ígnüysìl." The buck said.

"Wait.. that's how it's pronounced? No wonder it felt like shoving a bowling ball through sand.

Ígnüysìl!" I shouted.

My hands erupted with blue-white flames as my eyes glowed the same.

My hair turned bright silver and my skin darkened significantly.

Sophia was fine and stayed on my shoulder.

There isn't any heat with these flames, just energy.

"That's enough!" The agents shouted.

Using focus and martial arts, I compressed the flames to a point the size of a pinhead before launching it upward.

It pierced the barrier and shot into the sky.

My apologies to whoever owns the satellite I destroyed...