Visit from the CIA.

Investigators, federal and police, from every state went to the Grand Canyon.

They looked everywhere that they could but found nothing.

However, the Havasupai had a lot to tell and described seeing slowly falling bright magenta fire that vanished and left no trace as to what had even been burned.

They went on to say that a bird was seen flying away from the area that the fire touched, every single time this happened.

They decided to set up a sting and use a death row inmate as bait.

Since I slipped up and admitted a connection to Matthew, they made the inmate write a death threat letter, addressed to him.

I got the mail from The Lucky Lock Stitch and walked away.

When I found the letter, I was enraged.

However, I knew that the investigators swarmed the canyon.

I walked into an alley and cast the invisibility incantation for the cloak that my wife made for me.

It hides everything coming from the wearer, including sound, smell, heat, etc.

I walked back out of the alley to see two men, in suits, walk in.

I stopped to listen.

"He's gone."

"He's not gone. Look."

I saw my shoe prints and quickly kicked them off. Leaping to the side, they appeared on the ground and I sighed.

The two men followed the prints out and saw my shoes just as they burst into pure white carbon dust and disintegrated.

Ten thousand years of daylight will do that.

I watched them waste their time collecting the dust.

Right as they walked past me, I cast Fenix Dive and teleported them to the sky above the canyon while I remained behind.

It was seen, over the canyon, but didn't matter. They were looking for me.

I knew that the threatening letter was fake after that but, you know something?

That death row inmate is actually innocent.

I bet I could prove it, too.

So, I did.

In the face of new evidence, plus a lengthy audio recording of the real criminal talking about how he framed a *slur* for six counts of murder with details that only the real killer could have known, well. The inmate was released.

I didn't like that they suited him up and put him on death row's hundred year you-won't-be-killed plan.

So, I incinerated everyone except for the people that dragon sense saw no death warranting guilt in.

The innocent lived.

The guilty, including the proud murderer, died.

Oh, yeah. Since I was told that I'm a dragon heir, I've been doing a lot of inner searching.

Dragon Sense and Dragon Form were revealed to me.

Freakin' awesome.

I went home and sat down on the sofa.

Cancelling the invisibility spell, my daughter found me almost instantly.

Leaping into my lap, she laid down and went to sleep.

Sylvia went to the front door and waited.

I immediately got my shotgun and was waiting.

Someone knocked at the door.