Chapter 15

Shaurya's POV

As i started walking she kept her head at my shoulder and started blabbering about how she enjoyed herself at the reunion how she was soo happy to meet all her friends.

You know shaurya at first I was soo heartbroken when I came to know the fact that yash ran away from our wedding and I needed answers to soo many questions of mine but i found myself all alone to myself and there was no one with whom i could've shared my emotions i had soo many questions like "was i not worth it?" "Am i soo hard to love?" "What was it that made him run away without confronting me even for once?" "Was all of it even real?" "Did he ever truly love me or it was just me putting efforts in our relationship?"

My heart sank when I heard her expressing her feelings which she was avoiding to do before i could say anything i felt her tears on my shoulder.

"Don't worry ishu baby i promise you i will bring him here and--- before I could complete my sentence she cut me off by saying "but after sometime living with you understanding you made me realise that I'm blessed by god to get you as my husband you know there's something about you being around you i always feel at ease i feel safe and protected around you which is something i couldn't ever feel in my 2 years of relationship with yash". I was too stunned to hear all this coming from her first cause i never thought she'll ever be able to come out of her shell after that heartbreak.

"You know I thought that I'll never be able to believe in love again that I'll never be able to trust anyone else or fall in love again but you proved me wrong shaurya you healed those wounds within me and made me love myself again''

She took a pause for a while and i froze in my place after listening to what she said next "i think I've fallen in love with you shaurya".

I immediately put her down and hugged her close to my heart i bet she could hear my heart beating at a fast pace "i love you more ishu you are the best thing that has ever happened to me" i said as tears started rolling down my cheeks in happiness and i said "i was planning to confess first but you again beat me to it".

"How does it even matter who did it first?" She replied.

"I'm just soo happy right now soo come on now take me for another round" saying this she again jumped on my back and i carried her and started running which made her giggle and now all my sleep flew out of the house after sometime i carried her back to the bedroom and gently lay her down on the bed and i took my side of the bed switched off the lights and soon sleep took over us!.

*****
Ishika's POV

I opened my eyes when the sunlight hit my face and i woke up "ahh my head is hurting soo much" "what happened last night" "i don't remember quite anything after the reunion" I was lost in my thoughts trying to remember what happened "hawww" I whisper screamed when realisation struck me and I remembered how I got drunk at the party and and by the next moment I  went crazy remembering that I confessed my love to shaurya and now I was too embarrassed to face him I was pulling my hair sitting on the bed when I heard the noise of bathroom door opening and I layed back on the bed pretending to sleep so that I won't have to face him.

Shaurya's POV

I came out of the bathroom after taking the shower wearing a bathrobe my eyes landed on her sleeping figure but i know she is awake she is just pretending to be asleep but I'll deal with her later first i need to change my clothes so i straight went to the closet changed my clothes and came out.

"I know you are awake so stop pretending" i said and she pulled the duvet down from her face and smiled sheepishly.

"How did you know I was awake?" She questioned.