Chapter Forty One

Chapter Forty One-  To be Prophesied

Awakening was a difficult task for Elwyn; her head throbbed and it took effort to peel open her eyes to the blinding sunlight. 

She scanned her surroundings, the room odd and fitting for the fae woman's home. She knew where she was, the smell of crushed leaves and a grassy breeze wafting over her. The room was wide and long, wooden framed glass doors letting the sunlight spill over the blanket that was wound over her. 

Fighting the pounding in her skull, Elwyn pushed back the massive cream blankets that had been placed over her. She yelped in surprise as she noticed her complete lack of clothing. Her face was heating shades of red when the fluttering of wings sounded. From the open doors Kiandra landed. She was ethereal, long black hair swaying behind her, sparkling eyes studying her. Her creamy dress pooled over her bare feet. 

She blinked curiously at Elwyn. "Are you alright, you cried out."

Elwyn was sure her face was redder than the berry pink flowers that cascaded over the trees. She nodded making a disgruntled face. "Yep, just have no clothes." She muttered. 

Kiandra laughed, light and airy. Elwyn crinkled her eyebrows at the woman as she walked forward to the small chest at the end of the bed, the only other furniture besides a wooden mirror leaning in a corner of the room with a soft peach colored rug placed in front of it. 

"Oh, I forget the customs of my land are different." She hummed, her head disappearing behind the lifted chest before she emerged with a sage colored bundle of clothing. 

Elwyn frowned as the woman walked towards her and placed it on her lap. The hand that was not holding her blanket up, reached for the bundle. She hadn't been as educated in the customs as her sister was. It was her duty to protect, not educate herself. She had countless scars to prove this. 

"Its weird to undress people." She said uncomfortably. 

The woman smiled gently placing a hand on hers. "I do apologize. Forgive me. I do not want any distress between us while you stay here." 

Elwyn felt chills run down her back as she snatched her hand away. "Where is Evander?" She quipped. 

The woman gave her a sad smile, similar to one you would give to a child before telling them horrible news. 

Elwyn's expression dropped, a pit burying itself inside her. "He left." She said. 

The woman nodded. "He will be back within a week. He travels faster in his beast form. He instructed me to ensure you that he would be back, unlike you." Kiandra waved her hand dismissively. "Whatever that means."

Elwyn's felt her chest sink and sink. She scratched at her collarbone, not liking the swirling of emotions inside of her. She knew what he was referring to, a nice jab at her choices recently.

Kiandra's eyes swept over the blankets as if she could see her flesh underneath. "You have many scars, child. Who hurt you?"

Elwyn bristled. "No one hurt me. I simply have scars like anyone else."

Kiandra blinked at her, brows falling. She said nothing and Elwyn grew uneasy. 

Elwyn's shoulders drooped. "What do you want with me?" She asked, not bothering to look at the fae woman. "Change into your clothing and I will show you." The woman gestured to the flourishing woods behind her. "There is much to learn."

~

A half hour later, Elwyn's hair was laid over a soft sage green shirt made of linen, accompanied by a matching high waisted pant. She felt like she was wearing air as the cool breeze sliced through her bones. Elwyn rubbed at her arms, walking after the fae woman through the woods. There were millions of flurrying creatures, some that climbed the trees, others that flew, and many that peaked from behind trees. She had clipped on a dagger onto her pants and studied her surroundings as they walked.