Chapter Forty Three

Chapter Forty Three- The Castles Destruction

When Evander Kane stormed the castle in the Elvin territory, it rained crimson.

Bodies dropped like flies, barely touching the beast of a man who slayed each warrior that charged him and Dane Venice. Their first task was their entrance into the castles dungeons. It smelled of rot and decay.

There was nothing but pained moans and silence.

They found Markarious first.

The warrior lay atop the stone slabbed bench in his cell. Hs clothing was in tatters, what was once midnight black pants and a white tunic, were grey and red.

Markarious was barely conscious, grunting as Dane ripped open the bars.

Only his hands burned, red and bright.

Markarious cursed and shook his hands before going back at the task at hand.

Evander grit his teeth, the metal bars were infused with Foxglove.

Dane growled through the pain, putting more strength into his grasp.

Evander clamped his hands on the other side, using his body weight to pull apart the other side.

His body began to weaken at its touch but still he tugged, muscles flexing beneath his leather fighting vest.

Markarious moved, sitting up, revealing the winged angel pinned to the wall. A rush of adrenaline pulsed through both men and the bars were pried apart.

They stepped in, pausing at the brutality before them.

A dark fallen woman who had obtained wings, was pinned to the wall. Her grey wings bared dried blood and black, blades driven into the wall holding her up. Her palms were nailed into the wall atop her wings, jolting occasionally in pain.

She had her head hung low, long locks, matted with mud, now more grime than anything.

Dane moved to his brother, wrapping his arm around his brother and lifting him. He let out a strangled cry that stirred the Fallen angel.

Evander moved past Dane. "Take him to our meetup spot. I'll meet you there."

"What about Avelina?" Dane asked, halting to turn with his brother slouched over his arm.

Markarious straightened at this, seemingly coming back from a fog. "We have to get her." He slurred, Dane looking from his brother to the dark king.

"Leave me, get the princess." Evander looked between Markarious and the crucified angel who had spoken.

Her lips were white, trembling from the pain but her gaze was hard and unwavering.

Evander paused and the angel snarled at his hesitation, the sound of boots hitting the stairs, pulling his attention away.

~

Dane, despite his attempts at arguing could not stop Markarious from dawning a sword and limping after Evander.

The general grit his teeth, muttering curses as he trudged after them. "I heard the guards, they're keeping in his chambers."

Markarious did not have to verify for them to know whom they meant. Prince Roman, the newfound king, a boy whose horror stories nearly matched up to those made about Evander. Only the stories about him were true.

Markarious had become alert, the foxglove wearing off somewhat on him as he straightened stalking down the hallway that lead to the king and queens en-suite.