Chapter 20

Mrs. Kim: "Why are you so silent Tae?. Surely, you are ready for this marriage, aren't you?", ask confidentiality.

Mrs. Kim stood before tae with confidence. she knows her son would never deny her.

Tae: "No", escaped tae's lips.

Mrs. Kim's confidence shattered, replaced by a storm of disbelief and rage. How could her son, whom she had raised with love and devotion, dare to deny her?

Mrs. Kim: "Why?", shout loudly.

Tae: "Mom", his voice was soft.

His gaze at his mom's eyes which were showing rage.

Tae: "I can't marry her because my heart already belongs to someone else".

As his words echoed in her ears, Mrs. felt a surge of rage, an overwhelming desire to lash out at the source of her pain.

She raises her hand to slap him but stops when her eyes met tae's teary eyes.

With a trembling hand and a heart heavy with regret, Mrs. Kim's arm fell limply to her side. How can she slap her son?.

Tae takes a deep breath before looking at his mom with his pleading eyes.

Tae: "Mom, I can't marry Nancy. I love Jungkook. My heart belongs to him, and I can't imagine my life without him", teary eyes.

Mrs. Kim's expression darkened, her features holding anger and disbelief. The mention of Jungkook, an orphan boy only fueled her disapproval. She knows that poor boy is only after tae's money. He's not worthy of her son's love.

A forced smile crept across Mrs. Kim face.

Mrs. Kim: "Jungkook", her voice dripping with rage.

Mrs. Kim felt a surge of frustration and desperation as she tried to dissuade her son.

Mrs. Kim: "Taehyung, you're young. Your feelings will change. Once you marry Nancy, you'll forget about Jungkook. You'll move on". her voice holds desperation.

Tae: "No, Mom. My love for Jungkook is eternal. Even if I marry Nancy, my heart will always belong to my Jungkook", softly.

With a clenched jaw, Mrs. Kim struggled to contain her rising temper. She had hoped her words would plant doubt in tae's mind, but everything failed .

Before she could mutter any further words, Mr. Kim intervened, bringing unexpected clarity to the situation.

Mr. Kim: "Enough. No more arguments tae will only marry the one he loves. His happiness comes first", he declared.

Tae's face lit up with a wide, joyous smile. However, Mrs. Kim's reaction was starkly different, anger flared in her eyes.

Before she could voice her dissent, Mr. Kim's stern glare silenced her.

Mrs. Kim felt powerless and defeated as she remembered her husband's words "If Tae does not agree to marry Nancy, then there is nothing for you to do".

----

In the warmth of his home, kook was glowing in happiness as his tae relayed the news of his parents agreement to their union.

The anticipation of their future together filled the air, and he couldn't wait to officially become his.

He couldn't contain his excitement. With a burst of joy he shouted.

Kook: "I am so happy", giggle.

He started dancing, letting the rhythm of his heart sync with happiness. In the warmth of his home, his dance became a celebration of their shared journey and the promise of a beautiful future together.

Kook: "I will officially become his, and he will become mine", whispered softly with a wide smile.

As his eyes fell upon the framed image of his love hanging on the wall, a surge of affection overwhelmed him. He looks at him with love.

Kook:"I can't wait anymore, baby. Come fast and take me with you", his voice holds a deep longing for the shared moments that awaited them.

"I love you so much my love", bunny smile.

Only he heard the ring at his door, confusion knitted his brow.

As he opened the door, a wave of shock washed over him seeing the unexpected guest – Tae's mom.

Kook: "Mrs. Kim?".

Mrs. Kim looks at him coldly before fakely smile at him.

Mrs. Kim: "Wouldn't you call me inside?", mocked.

Kook immediately nodded and stepped aside, gesturing her to come inside,

Mrs. Kim scanned the small house with eyes filled with disgust, her disapproval evident in every glance.

Kook: "Mom," but before he could utter anything further, she shot him a glare, cutting him off mid-sentence.

Mrs. Kim: "Don't you dare call me that." spoke rudely, leaving Kook confused.

"Leave it. Let me come to the point. Leave my son. I know you are after his money. So take as much money you want and leave my son alone."

Kook's heart sank at her words, the Accusation hurt deeply. He loves his tae not his wealth.

With a heavy heart, he looked at her with his determined eyes.

Kook: "You misunderstand, Mrs. Kim," his voice filled with coldness.

"My love for tae is genuine, not tainted by material desires."

Mrs. Kim looks at him with her rage eyes seeing the audicuty of this poor boy to argue with her.

Kook: "And one more thing, dear mother in law," he added sweetly.

"Never say to leave my Tae, because I will never leave him no matter what. Plus I am not like those people who will sacrifice their love for anyone", smirk.

The declaration echoed in the room.
Mrs. Kim reaction was immediate and fiery. Anger flared in her eyes as she perceived kook's words are directly challenging her.

.
.
.
💜