Chapter Six | Two birds One really fat bitch

9:43 PM

Mark puffed his chest, repeating the question, "Why the fuck are you talking to my bitch, nigga?!" The crowd began to slowly disperse, while the more nosier people stayed still to watch what was going on.

Caleb peeks down at his phone, seeing a notification from someone he hasn't heard from in a while, Sienna. He thought about opening it to see what it was, but the fight caught his attention too easily.

Kenn looked confused but frustrated nonetheless. "I'm just trying to get her home, it's not even like that," he said, trying to take the easier route to help Kim; "bitching" out in front of a crowd certainly wasn't the preferred option, but he had a girl to rescue!

"Fuck that!" Mark shoves the boy back.

Caleb considered stepping in, thinking this was completely unnecessary, but then again, he wasn't a confrontational person in the slightest, and maybe now was a good time to check that notification. Peter on the other hand was collecting his money from the crowd, proudly snatching it with a large smile.

Kenn shoves Mark back, letting ignorance get the best of him. The two stay still for a solid moment just before Mark takes the first swing, it makes a thundering sound as Kenn drops to the floor.

"Damn!..." Uttered Peter upon hearing it.

The first swing and his face is already bruised. Kenneth gets back on his feet, putting his arms up to block. Mark however just goes all in, swing after swing. The Canadian shuts his eyes, just hearing every sound...

WHAM!
POP!
FINK!
DING DING DING!
BLAM!
BOP!
BOOSH!

Peter opens his left eye, seeing the decimation, Mark looks barely scathed, but Kenn's face is battered. Suddenly, the younger one gets the upper hand, allowing him to get a clean shot at Mark's jaw and knocking him to the ground. He tried to pin Mark with his knees but received a kick in the stomach instead, causing him to gasp as he fell.

"Fuck!" Kenneth groaned, holding his abdomen tightly.

Finally, the confrontation is ended as campus staff arrive on scene, forcing everyone to leave. Of course, Kenn would go back inside to look for Kim, but she was nowhere to be seen. Later, on the way back to his dorm, he passed a more sober Peter in the hall. The two nodded at each other, not a word exchange.

As he walked into the dorm, a strange feeling of surrealism washed over him. On the couch, Mayan was glued to the screen, watching colorful Bollywood films with rapt attention. Meanwhile, on the kitchen floor, Chloe was sound asleep, her long brown hair splayed around her like a halo. The apartment was quiet except for the soft murmur of the TV and the muffled sound of someone snoring. It was a serene and peaceful scene, yet with an undercurrent of oddness that Kenncouldn't quite shake off.

6:00AM

The next day was a little different, Caleb was surprisingly up first, pouring himself a bowl of Frosted Flakes while the others slept. He'd place his phone on the counter, finally having the strength to open the message.

*click*

He'd inspect Sienna's simple "Hey..." on the screen, thinking of all the multiple other things this could possibly mean. Responding would be a nightmare to think about, so he turns the phone off, finishing his bowl of cereal and tossing it in the sink.

Caleb pockets his phone and stares at the calendar before being startled by the sound of a voice.

"Good morning!"

Caleb would slowly turn his head, obviously knowing it was Iris. The blonde took a seat right next to him on the couch, her hands were placed right next to him.

"Can I tell you something?" Asked Iris, not looking too proud of herself. "My girlfriend tore one of the strings off your guitar last night; I tried to tell her not to play It, but she doesn't listen when she's tipsy."

Caleb shrugged. "I bought extra strings."

"Oh... Cool."

Nothing but pure silence for the moments after. He'd look through his phone, wondering how or if he should respond to Sienna. Iris would bite her nails subtly to pass the time. Finally, he decides to send the girl a 'hey' back.

"So you're not mad?" Iris wanted to know, genuinely feeling bad about the whole situation.

"Just tell her to not touch my stuff next time," he'd say in a comforting, but aggressive tone. "Or just don't go in my room."

"Sorry."

7:10 AM

Much later in the day, Peter wakes up with the worst headache ever, deciding instead of rest, he'd play NBA 2K28. Looking at the screen only worsens his headache, but he's desperate for another win and pulls through it, ultimately winning the match.

Despite feeling like complete shit, his rent was pretty much paid already, and he had a fantastic reason not to show up to class; two birds with one really fat bitch.

7:12 AM

Ace walks out of his room, spotting Christian eating breakfast with Sophie. She didn't look as angry anymore — in fact, she had a smile as wide and spread as the river Nile. Ace awkwardly steps over, going into his cupboard to grab an early morning snack.

Sophie's dead silent; not one noise. Christian on the other hand said, "Good morning." Ace didn't respond just yet, letting the silence build while he looked at Sophie.

"Morning."