Chapter Eight | Killer Campus

Exams Week.

6:30 AM

Finally, a month into Kirkwood community college and it was finally time for tests and exams. Each member of the study group felt pretty confident; especially for the Global History Exam, that one was going to be lightwork for sure.

Room 218 was silent, but peaceful. Kenn woke himself up to a large cup of unflavored coffee; the boring black kind. To get ready for the day, he'd step in the shower, blasting the water on full heat as it dripped from his hair.

On the other hand, room 216 was chaotic in nature. Iris practically tore the dorm apart, looking for her laptop. "Did one of you take it?!" She'd holler at the two other boys in the room.

Peter would squint his eyes. "Why are you looking at me, nigga? I didn't take your shitty Chromebook."

Her eyes diverted to Caleb, hoping he had a better answer. He'd shrug in response, frankly not too involved. "Why don't you ask your girlfriend?" Snarked the tall Hispanic.

Iris would urgently go through her backpack, tossing things out to see if her computer was inside; it was not.

"Not that easy!" She'd groan, not being on good terms with Macy at the moment.

Back over with Kenn, he rested his forehead against the shower wall, just thinking about the recent events, and how happy he's been with the friends he's already made so far.

Suddenly, something pounds at the door; a distant knock, not at the bathroom door, but the front of the dorm. He'd ignore it at first, focusing on his monologue, but the knocking would persist.

"AYE ONE OF YOU GET THAT DAMN DOOR!"  He'd shout loud enough to reach the other rooms.

Nothing. Outside of the bathroom, Chloe was too busy watching a show in her room to care, and Mayan never did like opening the door for strangers; perhaps it was trauma from his past.

The knocking persisted further, even louder than before. Kenn would rush his shower, shutting it off and wrapping a towel around his waist. Then, he'd tiptoe across the floor, getting it soaking wet as he opened the door.

"Hello?" He'd answer.

There stood in front of him was a Caucasian woman, surprisingly pretty tall for her stature. She had a smile stretching from one ear to the next, and sported glasses as bold as a rising sun.

"Does uh.. Caleb Gonzales live here?" She'd ask, butchering the last name, while perfecting the first.

Kenn would shake his head, flinging water from his hair all over his face. Then, he'd point his finger away from them, saying, "Nah. But, he should be next door."

"Thank you!"

Kenn smiled. "No problem." After he shut the door, his smile fades, he turns to Mayan with a clenched fist. "I thought I told you to get this door, you fat bastard."

Before Mayan could explain himself, or at least give a detailed explanation as to why, a quiet knock bellows from the door. Before it was fully open, Kenneth would say.  "Look, lady I already told you to check next do—

Then he noticed it was Kimberly. She'd look him up and down before responding in a playful tone, "Lady? You're making me feel like an old bitch."

"You are an old bitch, grandma," Scoffed a playful Kenn, who was also looking at her. Kim brushes past him, almost knocking the towel off. "What do ya want?"

"Oh nothing~" She'd say, digging into their fridge. "Aw, you guys always have the good stuff, mind if I take this?"

"I do mind, actually—